Soundbar with Headphone jack out - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 12:11 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I want to connect a soundbar to my TV and want to use a wireless headphone with it for late night viewing. I don't want to get an AV receiver so I'm looking for a soundbar that has a headphone jack out on it. Does anyone know of one? I would like to stay under $300

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 02:56 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by gunny10 View Post

I want to connect a soundbar to my TV and want to use a wireless headphone with it for late night viewing. I don't want to get an AV receiver so I'm looking for a soundbar that has a headphone jack out on it. Does anyone know of one? I would like to stay under $300

thanks!

Does your TV have a headphone jack? If so, you can just bypass the soundbar and use that. For my soundbar (HW-E450), I just hit 1 button on the remote to switch to TV SPEAKERS. From there, you could use wireless headphones. This should open up some options for you.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 03:09 PM - Thread Starter

No my TV does not have a headphone jack. If it did I would have an easier time finding a soundbar smile.gif
post #4 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 03:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

No my TV does not have a headphone jack. If it did I would have an easier time finding a soundbar smile.gif

OK. Do you already have the headphones or will you be buying them when you get the soundbar?

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #5 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 03:17 PM - Thread Starter

already have a nice pair of Sennheisers
post #6 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

OK. We're getting the information slowly. Does your TV have RCA audio out? The plugs will be red and white.

post #7 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 03:25 PM - Thread Starter

The model I have is an LG LM6200. It does have RCA (composite) jacks but they are tied to a DVD or the like and did not think they work as a stand alone audio out. My only audio out is optical.
post #8 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 03:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

The model I have is an LG LM6200. It does have RCA (composite) jacks but they are tied to a DVD or the like and did not think they work as a stand alone audio out. My only audio out is optical.

Your DVD player would be connected to an input so that wouldn't help. Oh well. I was just trying to improve your options as I haven't see a soundbar with a headphone jack. I never had to look,. though.

post #9 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 04:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Quote:

How do you connect the headphones now?

I don't recall ever hearing about a soundbar with headphone out jack. Doesn't mean such an animal doesn't exist, but will probably be difficult to find unless someone comes by here that knows about one.
post #10 of 16 Old 04-19-2013, 04:17 PM - Thread Starter

The wireless headphones were used with my computer and not with this or any other TV. I have the LG TV in my bedroom and I'm looking for better sound with the option to use my headphones. I have searched and could not find much in my price range and I was hoping someone on this board would know of one.
post #11 of 16 Old 04-20-2013, 12:05 AM

I have the same problem with my LG 7600 what you will need is a optical digital lead from your tv into a digital to analogue audio converter
bought mine Jaycar Electronics, Digitech converter cost $59.95 and the optic lead $14.95 for 2 metres
post #12 of 16 Old 04-21-2013, 12:11 AM

Liked: 13
Why not just buy a stereo receiver and a pair of speakers? It'll cost about the same as a sound bar, and receivers have headphone jacks. I appreciate your desire for a minimalist and space saving solution (I have a sound bar myself), but I don't see the need for a complicated and costly work around when you could put that money towards better sound.

As an alternative, if your T.V has variable audio out, you could just buy some computer speakers, those usually have a headphone jack, and it'll be quite an improvement over your T.V speakers (people might blather about "near field" listening, but most computer speakers are the same size as sound bar speakers, anyway).
post #13 of 16 Old 06-27-2014, 08:00 PM

Liked: 0
I'm also looking for a soundbar with a headphone output. It's not for a home theater, but rather for a PC. My desk is crowded with 2 very large monitors and the only size of speaker I could possibly use is short and flat (so sound can come under the monitor bezels). I'd like to connect the soundbar via optical out from my PC. The only problem is that I will sometimes want to use headphones, and my PC is under the desk and hard to reach. Ideally I'd just plug into the front of the soundbar, but I can't seem to find such a creature. The only thing I've seen is crappy monitor attachments which are specific to a monitor model, or soundbars with 3.5mm INPUTS. Please help!
post #14 of 16 Old 07-02-2014, 10:49 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
They finally made it. Soundbar with audio jack out. yamaha ysp-2500
http://uk.yamaha.com/en/products/aud..._g/?mode=model
post #15 of 16 Old 07-02-2014, 11:23 PM

Liked: 0
Awesome find!!!
Thanks so much for sharing this!
post #16 of 16 Old 07-03-2014, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
You are welcome. One question. Since these are Bluetooth enabled, is it possible to use a Bluetooth headphone instead of audio jack out?
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page