Samsung HW-E550 sound bar intermittent echo - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone,

I recently purchased a new setup consisting of Samsung HW-E550 sound bar, Panasonic 55UT50 plasma TV and being in Canada I connected via TELUS cable TV and ADSL.

I have the sound bar connected to the TV via optical audio cable, and the TV connected to the cable box via HDMI.

For 99% of the time, I have no issues. However, maybe once a day, the sound will suddenly change and a very distinctive echo will appear, sounding like someone is trying to speak under water. I have searched everywhere online for a solution however there doesn't seem to be much out there with this similar intermittent issue.

The closest possible answer I have been able to find is interference from other devices - could this be the case? On my TV stand I have both the cable box and wireless modem as well as the sound bar and obviously the TV itself.

The random echo appears and sometimes goes away after about one minute, but mostly before this I just switch channels which instantly fixes the problem. I have tried moving the other devices around as best I can and separating these however the problem still seems to appear randomly. I have made sure that the TV speakers are turned off, as I know this causes an echo in a lot of cases.

I know it is only a minor issue, but nevertheless an annoying one as I am always thinking to myself "it is about time for another echo to appear, I wonder when it will come?"

Anyone able to offer some information on this?

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Any echo that I have heard with my HW-E450 has been because I had the 3D sound setting set to HIGH. I would have also asked you to check that your TV speakers were off or the volume on the TV itself was turned down but you seem to have that covered. I have never heard of interference causing this but stranger things have happened.

I'm not sure if this could indirectly fix your issue but have you tried connecting your cable box directly to the soundbar via HDMI? You will more than likely get better quality sound and you might be able to use your TV/cable remote to control some features on the soundbar.

This is the way that I would connect things:

Cable box>>HDMI>>soundbar>>HDMI>>TV

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks Doctego,

I haven't yet tried this method however I will give it a go now and see how it goes. Apart from better sound quality, is there any other reason why this method is preferred?

I will keep an ear out to see if it happens again.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-21-2013, 08:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewfitzy View Post

Thanks Doctego,

I haven't yet tried this method however I will give it a go now and see how it goes. Apart from better sound quality, is there any other reason why this method is preferred?

I will keep an ear out to see if it happens again.

For me, better sound quality is the most important thing. I got my soundbar to improve the sound quality of my TV. If I can set it up for the best quality, I'll do that. Being able to control the volume of my soundbar with my cable TV remote is also a plus. I can do that being connected via HDMI and using HDMI-CEC.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E550 2 1 Channel 310 Watt Sound Bar , Samsung Hw E450 Wireless Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread - E450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page