Yamaha Soundbar versus Bose Wave - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 04-23-2013, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sorry for this lame question! I've been deaf for 20 years and now have a cochlear implant. I am learning to listen to music again. (Wild!)

I have an opportunity to obtain a Bose Wave Radio/CD unit or a Yamaha YSP-600 for music only. It will take me months to figure out the sounds and so but wanted to ask the lame question first. Ay thoughts on which device will deliver a fuller richer sound in my 20 x 15 room? Love to test side by side but that is not an option.
Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 04-26-2013, 03:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
I would think most people on here would agree that the Yamaha YSP systems excel with surround sound effects but not with music. Therefore I would recommend the Bose..... but honestly, you could do so much better with the $300 to $400 you will spend on the Bose if all you want is a system for music.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #3 of 6 Old 04-29-2013, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have completely opposite experience as owner of Bose Accoustimas series top model as well as multiple in past years Yamaha HT receivers and latest stereo amplifier from A-S series.

The Bose system is superior for home theater to watch movies w/mutlichannel audio. Sadly with audio, Bose is complere crap no matter what source is used from cd tune phono etc.

Yamaha was always dedicated to stereo and any of its receivers will outperform many competitors including Bose. Yamaha is also great for HT if your wife is ok with bunch of speakers around the room.

Mine is not so I keep two existing systems, one for stereo (Yamaha) another for home theater (Bose).
post #4 of 6 Old 04-29-2013, 11:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by esdwa View Post

I have completely opposite experience as owner of Bose Accoustimas series top model as well as multiple in past years Yamaha HT receivers and latest stereo amplifier from A-S series.

The Bose system is superior for home theater to watch movies w/mutlichannel audio. Sadly with audio, Bose is complere crap no matter what source is used from cd tune phono etc.

Yamaha was always dedicated to stereo and any of its receivers will outperform many competitors including Bose. Yamaha is also great for HT if your wife is ok with bunch of speakers around the room.

Mine is not so I keep two existing systems, one for stereo (Yamaha) another for home theater (Bose).

The poster was referring to a specific Yamaha Soundbar, YSP model..... I have no doubt that a Yamaha receiver with normal HT speakers would outperform a Bose system for music.

XBOX Live ID: HONDEboyMAN
PSN ID: ahartig
post #5 of 6 Old 04-29-2013, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Not specific but YST series. It does not change my opinion about much better experience with yamaha comparing to multichannel bose systems both working in stereo sound reproduction.
post #6 of 6 Old 04-29-2013, 03:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 38
Don't buy a Yamaha sound projector for music. I just picked up the YSP-2200, it's great, but it's not for music. If I had to pick one or the other for music, it would be the Bose. But I would probably go for the Klipsch KMC-3 that just came out or save up for the Klipsch Stadium portable speaker that's coming out soon. It supports Airplay and Bluetooth with APT-X. 110dB with a FR of 26Hz-24Khz.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Ysp 2200 Digital Sound Projector Black

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page