Is there a way to connect headphones to the Sony HT-CT100 Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 12:14 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

I have multiple devices connected to a Sony HT-CT100 Soundbar. I want to get Sennheiser wireless headphones, but I don't see an audio out for headphones on the soundbar. Is there no way to use headphones with this soundbar?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 12:41 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Someone else was asking about this recently. My advice to you would be to look for options of connecting the headphones to the TV and not the soundbar. What TV do you have?

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 12:51 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I have a Samsung 4695, about 5 years old. It does have RCA audio out, but would it put out audio from the different devices, since the devices are hooked up to the soundbar?

I have a cable box, DVD player, and Roku connected to the soundbar using HDMI. From the soundbar, I have HDMI to the TV.

Thanks
post #4 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 01:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
You're between a rock and a hard spot. The soundbar has no audio out. If you connect your sources to the TV then you're stuck with stereo output to the soundbar.
post #5 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 02:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

You're between a rock and a hard spot. The soundbar has no audio out. If you connect your sources to the TV then you're stuck with stereo output to the soundbar.

I'm not so sure. These are all big "ifs" but I think it's possible. More or less, this is how I have my components connected (sources>>HDMI>>switch>>HDMI>>soundbar>>HDMI>>TV). I have a button on my remote where I can toggle between using the soundbar and listening to the TV speakers. If his soundbar has a similar feature, I think that he can do it. My TV has a headphone jack but if he has an RCA audio out, he can either connect his headphones to that or get an RCA-to-3.5mm adapter. That's assuming that his headphones connect by either of those means.

It's a ton of work but it seems doable.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #6 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 03:26 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
I don't see how the switch would do anything different than having the components connected directly to the soundbar. The audio is still going to the soundbar and, to the best of my knowledge, there is no toggle. However, you got me thinking and I "think" the soundbar supports pass-through so if you turn the soundbar off, audio is sent through to the TV from whichever source device is active. If it does that, then that may be the answer by connecting headphones to the TV.
post #7 of 7 Old 04-25-2013, 08:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

I don't see how the switch would do anything different than having the components connected directly to the soundbar. The audio is still going to the soundbar and, to the best of my knowledge, there is no toggle. However, you got me thinking and I "think" the soundbar supports pass-through so if you turn the soundbar off, audio is sent through to the TV from whichever source device is active. If it does that, then that may be the answer by connecting headphones to the TV.

Crap. I accidentally deleted my last post.

Basically, I just mentioned the switch because that is what I have. Ultimately, both setups are the same. The main difference is that my switching is done at the switch while his is done at the soundbar. Either way, if there is a way that he can switch the soundbar off temporarily and use the TV speakers, it should be able to be done. Pass-through would be even easier.

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct100 Sound Bar With Subwoofer Black
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page