Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was catching up on Engadget.com this morning and saw this:
Sony prices and dates its 2013 home and shelf audio lineups

June release date at $399

All it says is:
Quote:
A Soundbar to Bring Boom to Any Room

Designed to bring the TV experience back to life, the HT-CT660 Soundbar is a 330 Watt system producing exceptional audio marked by rich, natural sounds and incredible clarity. The 2-way, 4-driver mica reinforced speaker system delivers exceptional sound clarity with detailed highs and lows, with big sound and minimal distortion, all complemented by a wireless subwoofer that brings feeling back to the low end, along with an added convenience of being able to be placed anywhere in the room. The three HDMI inputs allow easy connection to up to three devices, such as gaming consoles, Blu-ray Disc players and cable or satellite boxes, while delivering superior high-definition picture and sound quality. Movies are presented as directors intended, with Dolby® TrueHD and dts® HD Master Audio modes the reproduce high definition sound for uncompromised quality.

Adding to the soundbar's arsenal, Sony's S-Force® PRO Front Surround 3D technology synchronizes sounds to match the motion and depth of images on screen so viewers enjoy a fully immersive, simulated 3D surround experience without the bother and clutter of surround sound speakers.

Connecting the HT-CT660 soundbar with mobile devices such as phones and tablets to stream music is as simple as one touch of any Near-Field Communication (NFC) or Bluetooth enabled device. And with Bluetooth standby mode, you can start streaming and enjoying music without having to turn on any additional components.

I googled for more and searched the Sony website, but didn't find anything.

I have to run to work, but hopefully someone else can find more details................
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 92 Old 04-28-2013, 08:06 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
From Sony Facebook Page,
You Tube Link.
post #3 of 92 Old 04-29-2013, 01:04 PM

post #4 of 92 Old 05-02-2013, 04:50 PM

The you tube video says its 46 inches long.Specs on sony says its only 40.5 inches long which measurment is correct?
post #5 of 92 Old 05-03-2013, 09:11 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by yiorgo1313 View Post

The you tube video says its 46 inches long.Specs on sony says its only 40.5 inches long which measurment is correct?

I think it is 40.5" wide. It is made to match the width of 46" TVs.
post #6 of 92 Old 05-06-2013, 06:12 PM

Looks like it was released today. Very curious to hear what people/reviewers have to say about it.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&productId=8198552921666551719
post #7 of 92 Old 05-12-2013, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I'm definitely interested in this guy as well. I wish it had 4 hdmi inputs but 3 will hopefully work for me using ARC, and the other hdmi input on my tv.

post #8 of 92 Old 05-13-2013, 07:30 AM

I am interested in this Sound Bar also. Has anyone found any good reviews on it? I am torn between this one and the Panasonic HTB770.
post #9 of 92 Old 05-13-2013, 08:42 AM

I'm interested in this soundbar also. I can't wait to read the reviews.

Sent from my DROID DNA using Tapatalk 2
post #10 of 92 Old 05-14-2013, 12:44 PM

Liked: 12
I bought the Sony CT660 this morning from Rakuten(buy.com) for $333.00 including shipping plus no taxes. Also Rakuten has a 45 day return policy. It has just begun to ship so I am looking forwad to getting it. I liked the Sony CT260 and it had great reviews. This is the upgraded model and offered more of what I wanted from a soundbar.

Here is one review I found.

Update: This speakers sound better than my neighbors $2,000 Bose! Deep Bass, clear voice, they are loud, tons of configurations, manual adjustments, Bluetooth is a snap to set up. It took 10 secs to pair my galaxy phone. You can control your phone with the control from the sound bar which is pretty neat. I have it hook with the optical cable.
Set up is easy. it took me more time drilling a couple of holes in the wall than anything else. Recommend! A+++

Link to Rakuten(buy.com)
http://www.rakuten.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=247550211
post #11 of 92 Old 05-14-2013, 03:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I went to the Sony store in my local mall and the salesman and the manager had no idea it was out until I told them.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #12 of 92 Old 05-14-2013, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidef1099 View Post

Update: This speakers sound better than my neighbors $2,000 Bose! Deep Bass, clear voice, they are loud, tons of configurations, manual adjustments[/B]

any idea if it lets you to adjust the center channel?
post #13 of 92 Old 05-14-2013, 05:37 PM

Not sure. I have not received my unit yet. The review is from someone else.
post #14 of 92 Old 05-16-2013, 05:45 AM

Quote:

I bought the Sony CT660 this morning from Rakuten(buy.com) for $333.00 including shipping plus no taxes. Also Rakuten has a 45 day return policy. It has just begun to ship so I am looking forwad to getting it. I liked the Sony CT260 and it had great reviews. This is the upgraded model and offered more of what I wanted from a soundbar.

Here is one review I found.

Update: This speakers sound better than my neighbors $2,000 Bose! Deep Bass, clear voice, they are loud, tons of configurations, manual adjustments, Bluetooth is a snap to set up. It took 10 secs to pair my galaxy phone. You can control your phone with the control from the sound bar which is pretty neat. I have it hook with the optical cable.
Set up is easy. it took me more time drilling a couple of holes in the wall than anything else. Recommend! A+++

Link to Rakuten(buy.com)
http://www.rakuten.com/pr/product.aspx?sku=247550211

Wow, that's a great deal. Did you have a coupon code or something? Because it seems the price is back up to retail.
post #15 of 92 Old 05-16-2013, 06:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimneems View Post

Wow, that's a great deal. Did you have a coupon code or something? Because it seems the price is back up to retail.

Just checked and it is back to $399. When I bought one it was listed as 5,984 in the sales rank. Now it is sales ranked 234, so it is getting an big bump in the numbers of orders placed. It did not require a coupon. Keep an eye on it. If I see it go back down I will post on this site.
post #16 of 92 Old 05-16-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:

Just checked and it is back to $399. When I bought one it was listed as 5,984 in the sales rank. Now it is sales ranked 234, so it is getting an big bump in the numbers of orders placed. It did not require a coupon. Keep an eye on it. If I see it go back down I will post on this site.

Thanks, I appreciate that. I put an Amazon price alert on as well just in case it goes down there.
post #17 of 92 Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM

Mine arrived from buy.com today the box was a little roughed up and once opened it was missing all of the feet for table top mounting. 2 different sets both missing. I'll hook up in the morning and post my thoughts tomorrow.
post #18 of 92 Old 05-16-2013, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ocsscott69 View Post

Mine arrived from buy.com today the box was a little roughed up and once opened it was missing all of the feet for table top mounting. 2 different sets both missing. I'll hook up in the morning and post my thoughts tomorrow.

Thanks man I can't wait to hear your thoughts, I'm trying to convince my wife on this one but she wants the Samsung hwf750.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD
post #19 of 92 Old 05-17-2013, 08:08 AM

I just took measurements and the bar is really tall! It's almost 5" tall, and that would bring the top of it up to the bottom of my TV (which is just on the stand). So it would cover the bottom bezel of my plasma but probably not block the picture. I guess that's going to be a problem!
post #20 of 92 Old 05-17-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:

I just took measurements and the bar is really tall! It's almost 5" tall, and that would bring the top of it up to the bottom of my TV (which is just on the stand). So it would cover the bottom bezel of my plasma but probably not block the picture. I guess that's going to be a problem!

Per the below specs of the Sony CT660 this should not be a problem. Take a look and let us know if it is working.

IR Repeater Pass-thru
While glitzy product photos often show sound bars wall-mounted, most consumers place their sound bar on a TV stand, which can be problematic blocking the TV’s remote control sensor, forcing you to stand up and angle your remote to control your TV. With the Sound bar’s IR Repeater pass-thru, there’s no more standing up and trying to angle your TV remote just right to control the TV if your sound bar is in the way. The sound bar’s IR repeater allows other remote control commands to pass-through the front of the sound bar to the TV behind it, eliminating this problem. Therefore you can do less standing and more enjoying!
post #21 of 92 Old 05-17-2013, 11:32 AM

Quote:

Per the below specs of the Sony CT660 this should not be a problem. Take a look and let us know if it is working.

IR Repeater Pass-thru
While glitzy product photos often show sound bars wall-mounted, most consumers place their sound bar on a TV stand, which can be problematic blocking the TV’s remote control sensor, forcing you to stand up and angle your remote to control your TV. With the Sound bar’s IR Repeater pass-thru, there’s no more standing up and trying to angle your TV remote just right to control the TV if your sound bar is in the way. The sound bar’s IR repeater allows other remote control commands to pass-through the front of the sound bar to the TV behind it, eliminating this problem. Therefore you can do less standing and more enjoying!

Yeah, that is very cool. However, I measured and the top of the soundbar will literally come right up to the bottom of the screen of my TV (cover the entire bottom bezel). Even if it doesn't block the picture, it may end up being distracting. So maybe I'll order it and see how it looks, and if I need to I can prop the TV up a little bit with a book or something like that.
post #22 of 92 Old 05-17-2013, 03:30 PM

Quote:

Yeah, that is very cool. However, I measured and the top of the soundbar will literally come right up to the bottom of the screen of my TV (cover the entire bottom bezel). Even if it doesn't block the picture, it may end up being distracting. So maybe I'll order it and see how it looks, and if I need to I can prop the TV up a little bit with a book or something like that.

Here is a link to a couple of ideas that other people have used.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/1606324-how-raise-panasonic-42-few-inches.html

Also if you are in the market for a new stand this is the one I purchased. Takes a little time to assemble but i love it. Has a shelf especially made to place your sound bar. Very clean installation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VNBG3A/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #23 of 92 Old 05-18-2013, 05:27 PM

Well its installed and except for the missing feet I'm pretty happy. I wish the menus would show on the tv and not just the tiny lcd build in. its very much a pain to see and adjust. Not to many setting or options. Movie mode seems to have the best sound even for music. The NFC and bluetooth is pretty cool and got points from the wife.

Sound wise its my first bar and I havent adjusted much. I'd say the sound is OK. Better than the tv speakers but also not amazing. I will hook the blueray up tomorrow and see if the surround sound is good or not. I hope so thats mostly why I got it and also it was $300 less than the YSP-2200 I was looking at.
post #24 of 92 Old 05-19-2013, 08:14 AM

Quote:

Here is a link to a couple of ideas that other people have used.

http://www.avforums.com/forums/av-stands-cabinets-seating-furniture/1606324-how-raise-panasonic-42-few-inches.html

Also if you are in the market for a new stand this is the one I purchased. Takes a little time to assemble but i love it. Has a shelf especially made to place your sound bar. Very clean installation.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001VNBG3A/ref=oh_details_o08_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thanks. I found one new on eBay for $350 shipped so I jumped on it and ordered it. Figured I can easily lift the TV even with a sturdy book or something like that in the short-term. I'm coming from a 5 year old Sony HT-CT100 which has served me very well, but at only 100W it's definitely time for an upgrade.
post #25 of 92 Old 05-19-2013, 05:50 PM

If anyone has suggestions on setting for the best sound please let me know I am new to soundbars
post #26 of 92 Old 05-20-2013, 07:29 PM

Mine will be here tomorrow, i will post a review.
post #27 of 92 Old 05-22-2013, 03:21 PM

Got mine today. Very easy setup. Barely needed to even reconfigure my remote coming from the HT-CT100. The sound is pretty good on first listen. The bluetooth standby and IR passthrough are really great features. It's also not 4.7" tall like I saw on some specs, it's more like 3.7". Doesn't cover up too much of the bottom bezel of my TV.

Not too much control over the frequencies... just "Voice", subwoofer, treble, and bass adjustments that go from -6 to +6. I'm not sure which of those settings get overridden by selecting a sound preset too. So I'll have to really tinker around to find the right balance.
post #28 of 92 Old 05-22-2013, 04:59 PM

Reading at your review, it does not look that you are too exited.

Got mine today also, and i have mixed feelings, this is my first sound bar.

Sound from movies really sound good, very deep bass and the 3D effect is really there. I watched Man of Steel trailer and I felt like the sound was coming from behind me although the bar was in front of me. I am very impressed, and I use the the Movie mode.

But I was expecting a lot more from the sound coming from music, I felt like I was watching a movie instead of listening to music, the bass was really deep, although I tried all sound mode. I played a lot of music through my phone Bluetooth and wasn't really impressed. I was expecting a lot more knowing this is $400.

The design is very beautiful, this is a bar that would stand out in front of your TV with its metal finish on the side, it also has HDMI which makes it a big plus.

I think I will return it and get a 5.1 HTIB from yamaha ( the YHT599 for $100 more).

If you are going to be watching movies a lot, then this sound bar is really good but for music I wasn't that impressed.
post #29 of 92 Old 05-23-2013, 07:49 AM

It's probably because the music is altered (compressed) via bluetooth. I don't think you will get a really good sound whenever playing music via Bluetooth no matter the speaker system.
post #30 of 92 Old 05-23-2013, 03:56 PM

After a full day and a half I have to say I'm very pleased overall with the soundbar. Sounds great to me overall after some tweaking with the settings.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Ht Ct660 46 Inch Sound Bar With Wireless Subwoofer
Gear in this thread - Ct660 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page