Soundbar Position - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 06:08 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all

I have just purchased a Polk SurroundBar 6000 for my 55" Sony HX 850. The TV currently sits on the Sony integrated speaker stand (which I much prefer the look of compared to the standard one that comes with the TV). The speakers though still aren't that good – hence the sound bar purchase. This then sits on the top of a three shelf TV stand unit shown here.

I am reluctant to place the soundbar immediately in front of the TV because it will block the cool stand but also will be slightly too high for the bottom of the screen so I would lose some of the picture. So, my options are:

1. The obvious solution being to place it on the next shelf down. This is 18cm lower than the shelf above and hence a fair bit lower than the viewers position so I have concerns it will lessen the soundbar's effectiveness. Would that be the case?

2. To place the soundbar on a platform of some sort on the next shelf down from the TV such that the top of the soundbar is just about touching the underside of the shelf that the TV sits on. Would this impact on the sound if the top of the soundbar is so close to the bottom of a shelf though?

3. Sit the TV and stand on something else as well to raise it up by the height of the soundbar so it doesn't obstruct immediately and sit the soundbar in front of the TV. I am not keen on this though as the TV would end up higher than I really would like.

All advice would be most welcome.

Thanks all
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 08:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Does the soundbar have keyholes on the back? If so, you could consider a soundbar bracket to mount it above your TV.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-28-2013, 10:10 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
How thick is the T.V? I have a Plasma T.V and I just rest the sound bar on the top of the T.V... Granted if there's ever on earth quake I'm in trouble, but otherwise it's actually pretty stable, since the T.V frame is sufficiently thick, and my sound bar has grippy rubber feet.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-29-2013, 04:51 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Polk Audio Surroundbar Iht 6000 Instant Home Theater Black , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850
Gear in this thread - Hx850 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page