Vizio Soundbar ,Need a recommendation for a subwoofer ? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 07:16 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Our television be blew up last week . We, me and wife went to best buy bought this 50" VIZIO E-Series E500I-A1 HDTV .What a nice television . But the sound was not bad , but not good .
So We were at Sam club ,saw this Vizio soundbar SB4020M-A0 (http://www.samsclub.com/sams/40-vizio-2-0-home-theater-sound-bar/prod7780187.ip?searchTerm=sb4020m) so we bought it . Hooked it up, works great . WE used Optical (Toslink) for the input
Now after a week , I think we may need a subwoofer For that ex bass .
Any recommendation ? I like to stay under $100.00 .

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 08:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 45
My suggestion to you is to return your soundbar and find one that comes with an integrated subwoofer. You're going to have a hard time finding a subwoofer at your price point, plus, you're likely going to have a hard time getting it to integrate with your system. There are plenty of low cost soundbars out there that come with integrated subs. You'll have a system that's made to work together.
post #3 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 10:27 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Sam's had the next model up (I believe SB4021) for $100 more.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #4 of 4 Old 05-05-2013, 09:08 PM

Liked: 13
I believe Walmart sells a 10" Sony subwoofer for exactly 100 bucks (plus tax). It's pretty decent at that price, and it'll provide more base than most sound bar subwoofers.

On the flip side, buying a sound bar with a subwoofer integrated may yield better results since the soundbar and subwoofer are designed to go together (you won't have to worry about dialing in the bass so it doesn't overwhelm the soundbar, or worry about a gap in sound where the soundbar and subwoofer aren't cover the whole frequency range - although, it isn't uncommon for that to happen anyway).
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Vizio E500i A1 50 Inch Led Smart Fhdtv , Vizio Sb4021e A0 40 Inch 2 1 Home Theater Sound Bar
Gear in this thread - E500i by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page