Install Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So I need some help to make sure I do this correctly. I currently own a Panasonic TC-PU50. I have a Panasonic Smart blu-ray player hooked up the the TV via HDMI and a Comcast DVR box hooked into the TV via HDMI. The TV only has 2 HDMI input so i would like to know how I would install the sound bar. The sound bar I purchased was the Panasonic SC-HTB770 that has 3 HDMI that has 3 HDMI inputs and 2 Optical inputs as well. I wanted to know the proper way to install this to get the sound bar working with my cable and my blu-ray player if possible.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 09:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 42
It looks like the 770 is a HTIB and not a soundbar. My first response is to read the manual! Also, it probably came with an illustrated quick setup guide, refer to that. My guess is that all your devices connect to the 770 (preferably via hdmi) then a single hdmi connection from the 770 to your tv.

Edit: looks like the 770 is both a HTIB and a soundbar, but the connection should be the same.
post #3 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
I would connect all devices to the SC-HTB770 directly via HDMI and then connect the SC-HTB770 to the TV via HDMI.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #4 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

But just to make sure I still need to have my dvr and bluray connected to my tv? If that's the case than I would somehow need like a splitter for hdmi?
post #5 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
You connect your source devices directly to the soundbar via HDMI, not to the TV. You then connect the soundbar to the TV via HDMI.
agomez5885 likes this.
post #6 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 05:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agomez5885 View Post

But just to make sure I still need to have my dvr and bluray connected to my tv? If that's the case than I would somehow need like a splitter for hdmi?

As we mentioned, connect them all to the soundbar and then connect the soundbar to the TV, all via HDMI. That will allow the audio to be processed by the soundbar and video to be passed through to the TV. You don't need a splitter at all.
agomez5885 likes this.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #7 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 06:21 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks everyone! I will have the soundbar here on Tuesday and ill let you all know how it goes!
post #8 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 06:36 PM - Thread Starter

Last question.....just remembered, how would this work on my input option for my tv? HDM1 is for my blu-ray and HDMI2 is for my DVR.
post #9 of 9 Old 05-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by agomez5885 View Post

Last question.....just remembered, how would this work on my input option for my tv? HDM1 is for my blu-ray and HDMI2 is for my DVR.

Whichever one you connect the HDMI OUT from the soundbar to HDMI IN on the TV is the one that you select on the TV. You are only going to have 1 HDMI cable connected to your TV. If you put it in HDMI1, choose that.

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Schtb770 S Soundbar With Built In Subwoofer
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page