Front projector soundbar recommendation needed - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 06-03-2013, 10:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Comrades, this is my first foray into the soundbar area, so I apologize if this has been covered elsewhere. I have a BenQ W1070 that I want to start using in our 3-season room this summer (or maybe even outside) to entertain the kids after a stressful day of bouncehousing and watersliding. Rather than dragging the receiver/surround sound up from the basement, can any recommend a soundbar setup, probably a bar and a subwoofer? I'd like to keep it in the $200-250 range, if that's doable.

Many thanks.

Scott Schroeder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 08-03-2013, 04:14 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone use a soundbar with ANY front projector?
post #3 of 3 Old 08-12-2013, 09:42 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Probably very few people run this combination. If you have WAF for a front projector usually that would extend to a proper sound system as well. That's not to say high-end soundbars can't or won't sound good, though I wouldn't know, the reviews I've read of even very high end bars approaching $2000 basically say they sound as good as properly setup speakers a quarter of the cost and don't give a real surround sound.

$150-$200 for a self amplified (active) soundbar would not amount to much at all. I'd guess about only slightly better than most tv speakers. I understand you're talking about putting it somewhere other than your main viewing area, but if you can even find a soundbar that cheap it will probably struggle mightily, especially outdoors.

Home Theater Build in Progress (Contemporary living room, Klipsch RF-7 II 5.2 audio, Sony VPL-HW50ES Projector, Da-Lite 16:9 159" HP, recessed Mid Atlantic rack, etc)
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Benq W1070 3d Ready Dlp Projector 1080p Hdtv
Gear in this thread - W1070 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page