Help with connecting soundbar, tv, dvd, cable box - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello I was wondering what is the best way to connect my cable box, tv, soundbar, and blue ray player. The T V is a Samsung but only has 2 HDMI ports with none of the being ARC. It is a 46 " about 4 years old. The sound bar is a HW-E350C with one in and one out hdmi port. The blue ray is a new samsung and have not looked at connections yet but came from Sams Club yesterday and HDMI cable was included. Cable box is comcast with one HDMI port. I am new at all of this type of stuff so just needed a little help and did not want to pay 169.99 for a whole room set up just to plug a few wires in. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 07:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
We'll only charge 159.99 biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif
Connect the BD player via HDMI to the soundbar. Connect the soundbar via HDMI to one of your TV HDMI ports. Connect the cable box to the TV's other HDMI port. Since the TV does not have ARC, you have a choice. For audio from the cable box, you can connect an optical cable from the TV to the soundbar, OR you can connect optical directly from cable box to soundbar. You may get better sounding audio by doing the latter. You can test it both ways to see if you notice a difference.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 07:59 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
I forgot to mention one other issue. Sound bar has no optical capability. Is my only option using the red white wire that came with sound bar then?
post #4 of 4 Old 06-03-2013, 08:45 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by poolman1234 View Post

I forgot to mention one other issue. Sound bar has no optical capability. Is my only option using the red white wire that came with sound bar then?

If your cable box has RCA audio output (red & white), you can connect that from the cable box to the soundbar and connect the BD player as PG recommended. See how that sounds. If it's not to your liking, you can always get an HDMI switch. You could connect all of your sources to the switch, output the switch via HDMI to the soundbar, and then output the soundbar to the TV via HDMI.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw E350 Airtrack Soundbar
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page