Help: Sony HTCT260 - Intermittent Breaks in Audio During MP3/Video Playback - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 06-17-2013, 09:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I've been experiencing issues with video and music playback through my PC. I don't seem to experience any issues when streaming video through Youtube from Firefox (even HD) for some reason, but if I'm playing an HD video file or even a standard VR mp3, I get breaks in audio every now and then. It's pretty frustrating and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm not sure if this is also relevant, but I get the same issue playing back BT audio from an iPad. Here are the details of my setup:

- TV is a Sony HX850, sound has been set to external speakers, fixed volume
- soundbar is connected to the TV via optical
- PC connected to TV via HDMI
- no apparent issues with audio while streaming Youtube from the PC's internet browser (watched a 12-minute gameplay trailer)
- no apparent issues with audio while watching Netflix directly from the TV (watched an episode of Arrested Development and a few eps of Portlandia)

The one thing I've noticed is that the Dolby and LGPCM indicators disappear briefly when sound cuts out, then re-appear. My initial thoughts are that it's either a software setting I'm missing (i.e. the PC is sending 4.1/5.1 info instead of 2.1), a limitation of the cable(s) being used, or a limitation of the TV itself. I would very much appreciate if someone more savvy than myself could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 06-19-2013, 08:39 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 147
I started noticing this yesterday while using my first every sound bar (sony HT-CT150). I am only connected through HDMI on all components into the HDMI ARC port on my TV. It fixed itself by rebooting the system in the proper order. (powering on my sound bar first, then the TV)

Not sure if this will help you in your situation or not, but worth a shot.

Also, make sure your MP3 player doesn't have any Replay Gain applied or processing which prevents clipping like Foobar2000 (which is what I use along with WASAPI mode)

Sony 32" EX400 calibrated settings

Panasonic 50" S60 calibrated settings

HTPC/Sony S5100 to Sony HT-CT150 to Panasonic 55" VT60, Sony 32" EX400, Panasonic 50" S60

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System , Sony Bravia 55 Inch Led Tv 3d Support Bravia Hx850 Kdl 55hx850
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page