I've been experiencing issues with video and music playback through my PC. I don't seem to experience any issues when streaming video through Youtube from Firefox (even HD) for some reason, but if I'm playing an HD video file or even a standard VR mp3, I get breaks in audio every now and then. It's pretty frustrating and I can't seem to figure it out. I'm not sure if this is also relevant, but I get the same issue playing back BT audio from an iPad. Here are the details of my setup:
- TV is a Sony HX850, sound has been set to external speakers, fixed volume
- soundbar is connected to the TV via optical
- PC connected to TV via HDMI
- no apparent issues with audio while streaming Youtube from the PC's internet browser (watched a 12-minute gameplay trailer)
- no apparent issues with audio while watching Netflix directly from the TV (watched an episode of Arrested Development and a few eps of Portlandia)
The one thing I've noticed is that the Dolby and LGPCM indicators disappear briefly when sound cuts out, then re-appear. My initial thoughts are that it's either a software setting I'm missing (i.e. the PC is sending 4.1/5.1 info instead of 2.1), a limitation of the cable(s) being used, or a limitation of the TV itself. I would very much appreciate if someone more savvy than myself could point me in the right direction. Thanks in advance.