active and passive soundbars - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #1 of 2 Old 06-29-2013, 04:06 AM - Thread Starter
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Is there a good sound bar that can work active and passive?

I have a take 5 system onkyo TX sr760. Problem is the sub woffer is dead and the TV has terrible sound alone. I would like to use the sound bar and sub with the tv...but then used it for the occasional movie paired with my amp. (I dont want to have to always turn the stereo on to watch tv. I also like the idea of a wireless

I cant decide on a new sub (my wife did not like the speaker wire) ...or do I buy a soundbar (seams to sound better with music than my take 5) Some have wireless subs. the klipsch and energy ones sound great. looking at the SB3, SB1 or energy elite. also saw this but would need a wire for the sub (might be able to get wife to accept)

I also really like the Polk Audio Surroundbar 9000 Wireless Subwoofer Home Theater Surround Bar

or should I just get the replacement sub?

Sorry I am technically challenged so please make comments simple wink.gif Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
post #2 of 2 Old 06-29-2013, 05:48 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 54

Get a new sub and a decent universal remote so that it automates your system and turns everything on/off and goes to the correct settings automatically.  It will give better sound than a sound bar and the ease of use will be nice for everyone.

A sound bar is not going to sound as good as a well set up speaker system.

Sponsored Links
Reply Soundbars

Klipsch Hd Theater Sb 3 Soundbar With Wireless Subwoofer , Klipsch Sb 1 Synergy Bookshelf Loudspeaker Single Black , Polk Audio Surroundbar 9000 Instant Home Theater