Sound bars that have multiple HDMI inputs? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 12:33 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Pioneer monitor that only has line level stereo audio outputs. So I think I need a soundbar that has multiple HDMI inputs and switching for cable box, apple tv, and playstation.

The models I end up liking don't have HDMI inputs. I've been looking at the mid price level units like the zvox and the 2.1 bose cinemates. I just want better dialog and some enhanced sound processing. I'm not really into full immersion overwhelming sound for TV. I just want better clarity of dialog and some options to compress dynamic range so I don't jump out of the chair every time a explosion goes off. I'd say my budget is about $400-800.

I'm trying to avoid getting a new AV receiver. I'm happy with my conventional stereo setup and really just want slightly better TV sound.

Any suggestions?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 07-04-2013, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 58
You've been on this search for some time. biggrin.gif Have you looked at the various offerings from Yamaha? The YSP2200 might work well for your needs. Some of the Sony bars have multiple HDMI in also as do several other brands.
post #3 of 4 Old 07-07-2013, 11:23 AM - Thread Starter

haha! You're absolutely right! This has been a long drawn out search. And I've been using 35$ crap computer speakers for over 4 years now!

I think I am going to go for the yamaha. It seems to have everything I need. If I don't like it, I'll just upgrade my NAD stereo receiver and get a center speaker.

I am a musician and do lots of playing and recording on great equipment. But I'm not the biggest audiophile with regard to TV. I do want better dialog enhancement, late night viewing compression, and some basic ambiance features for things like sports and movies.

Much thanks
post #4 of 4 Old 07-11-2013, 05:26 AM - Thread Starter

I bought the Yamaha YSP 3300. Should have it by Saturday! :-)
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Ysp 2200 Digital Sound Projector Black , Ysp 3300 Digital Sound Projector With Wireless Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page