Help! Can't get "simulated surround sound" with my Vizio s4251w and Motorola dcx3501-m! - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 03:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok so I have a new Vizio S4251w. I had been using a Sony Google TV box (NSZ-GS7) but I kept having video issues and returned it after 3 boxes did the same thing. I'm back to just using my DVR. While I had the Sony box I would be able to get the simulated surround sound out of all speakers while watching TV. Anything that wasn't 5.1 it still played out of all speakers. Now that it's just the DVR (by optical cable) the rear speakers will only work when the program or commercial is outputting 5.1. It will not do the simulated surround sound like it did previously with the Sony box in the loop.

My question is how do I get my simulated surround sound back?? In a perfect world I would like for it to output simulated surround sound with any content not in 5.1 and output Dolby Digital when the content does use 5.1.

I did have to go into the menu of the Sony box and uncheck the "use dolby digital signal" in order for it to give me simulated surround sound but when something was using 5.1 it flashed the dolby digital banner on the sound bar... I'm assuming it was outputting dolby digital during that time.

TL;DR had simulated surround sound when watching cable through sony NSZ-GS7. Now I just have the cable box hooked up with no sony box and it won't output simulated surround sound, how do I get it to work?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 08:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 97
In your previous setup I suspect the NSZ did the mixing to simulate 5.1 from a stereo source. In your current setup you would need to have your cable box perform the mixing. If it can do it you would need to look at the settings on it. Chances are it cannot.

Edit: turn on DTS-Full Circle on your soundbar. It should convert the PCM signal to a faux surround sound.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-29-2013, 10:22 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the reply! i see that my model sound bar does have DTS Circle Surround, however i don't see any way to enable it or turn it on. I've searched but so far can't find anything, any ideas?
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Vizio S4251w B4 5 1 Soundbar
Gear in this thread - S4251w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page