Quality Active Soundbar w/ Bluetooth IZIO S4221W-C4? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 08-12-2013, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Please help. I'm looking for a quality active soundbar that has bluetooth. From my research the Harmon Kadron SB 30 seems like a great quality soundbar but doesn't have bluetooth. The Sonos playbar is great but costs too much with the subwoofer and has too few inputs. The max I can spend is $800. What I like about these 2 options is that they have center speakers and are good quality. The Sony HT-CT260 is a decent option but doesn't have the center speakers and can't get over the look and shape. The VIZIO S4251W-B4 5.1 would be a good option but don't want the clutter of rear speakers or have the space. My couch is against the wall. I'm leaning towards the VIZIO S4221W-C4. It doesn't have the center speaker but does have bluetooth, has decent ratings and looks cool. Any other recommendations? Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 10-01-2013, 11:45 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by paul19 View Post

Please help. I'm looking for a quality active soundbar that has bluetooth. From my research the Harmon Kadron SB 30 seems like a great quality soundbar but doesn't have bluetooth. The Sonos playbar is great but costs too much with the subwoofer and has too few inputs. The max I can spend is $800. What I like about these 2 options is that they have center speakers and are good quality. The Sony HT-CT260 is a decent option but doesn't have the center speakers and can't get over the look and shape. The VIZIO S4251W-B4 5.1 would be a good option but don't want the clutter of rear speakers or have the space. My couch is against the wall. I'm leaning towards the VIZIO S4221W-C4. It doesn't have the center speaker but does have bluetooth, has decent ratings and looks cool. Any other recommendations? Thanks!

So what did you end up with>?

80" Vizio LED - (60" Vizio plasma - retired)
Harmony 890 Remote
X10 Commander Iphone App = full control of lights, fireplace, pool, shades, from Iphone
X10 IR543 controller
Hunter Douglas motorized shades

post #3 of 3 Old 10-01-2013, 11:59 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Polk Audio SurroundBar® 9000 and very happy with it. The sound quality is amazing. Wish it had bluetooth but made a compromise for sound quality, look, ease of use and price. Was able to get it on ebay for $600.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Harman Kardon Sb 30 5 1 Soundbar And Wireless Subwoofer , Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System , Vizio S4251w B4 5 1 Soundbar , Vizio S4221w C4 , Polk Audio Surroundbar 9000 Instant Home Theater
Gear in this thread - S4251w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page