Sony HT-CT260 vs. HT-CT660 mini review - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-28-2014, 05:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was looking at these today at Future Shop (Canada) and the 660 is $50 more than the 260. Is the 660 worth the extra money?? Also what about the Polk Audio N1 sound bar? There's no sub with it but it has the "sub out" option for one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2014, 03:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Hello all,

I have some issues with my sony HT CT260 soundbar...
Namely, it seems all voices are very low... I don't think it's all low or high frequencies or any larger issue... Just voices.
FYI my soundbar is directly connected to my TV via optical cable.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Ben.
Old 12-14-2014, 04:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 328 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjh View Post
Hello all,

I have some issues with my sony HT CT260 soundbar...
Namely, it seems all voices are very low... I don't think it's all low or high frequencies or any larger issue... Just voices.
FYI my soundbar is directly connected to my TV via optical cable.

Any ideas on how to resolve this?

Thanks,
Ben.
Turn the Dialogue Enhancer back on.

Panasonic AX-200u / Optoma Graywolf 92" / Draper Luma 92"
Samsung 51F8500 Plasma / Vizio M422i LCD / Vizio GV42LF LCD / Vizio VP322 Plasma
Sony S790 BD / Panasonic BDT220 BD / Roku 2 XS & HD-XR / PlayStation 3
Oppo 983H Anchor Bay VRS / Denon 2930CI Silicon Optix Reon / Panasonic S97 Faroudja Genesis / Oppo 970HD Mediatek
Panasonic LX-900 Laserdisc / Aiwa MX100 Multi-region VCR / JVC S7600 S-VHS
Old 12-15-2014, 03:25 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Thanks but there is no dialogue enhancer in this bar. I believe that comes with the CT660.
Old 05-18-2015, 09:35 PM

So I went ahead soon after my last post here and got the Sony HT-CT260H. The CT660 is no longer available. But it seems new 2015 models are coming out from Sony so maybe by Christmas I'll up to one of those. The sound of the CT260H is quite good. Lots of bass from movies and whatnot (was watching the Avengers earlier). I have the "Effect" feature turned off which makes a big difference. The soundbar is louder and clearer with the effect off. The only issue I seem to be having is that it often takes a few tries to get the remote to turn on the system. I had put fresh batteries in the remote so maybe the remote is a bit faulty. One touch of the power button on the bar works every time. Would it make any sense to purchase a new remote on Amazon?
Old 05-31-2015, 03:39 AM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck31 View Post
So I went ahead soon after my last post here and got the Sony HT-CT260H. The CT660 is no longer available. But it seems new 2015 models are coming out from Sony so maybe by Christmas I'll up to one of those. The sound of the CT260H is quite good. Lots of bass from movies and whatnot (was watching the Avengers earlier). I have the "Effect" feature turned off which makes a big difference. The soundbar is louder and clearer with the effect off. The only issue I seem to be having is that it often takes a few tries to get the remote to turn on the system. I had put fresh batteries in the remote so maybe the remote is a bit faulty. One touch of the power button on the bar works every time. Would it make any sense to purchase a new remote on Amazon?

I envy your being able to turn the surround processing off for the different modes; this 660 doesn't offer this feature. I'm guessing the 260H was released after the 660, before the 770 hit shelves (it also has an "Effect" off/on option). If I want unprocessed stereo down-mixing, I'm limited to "Stereo" and "PAUDIO" sound fields, but I am able to get those pretty much where I want them. The latter might sweeten the mix a bit, but apparently not in a surround capacity.

I noticed another change from the 260 to the 260H, which introduced the HDMI port(s): Pro-Logic II seems to have been dropped in favor of proprietary surround processing for 2-channel signal sources, not that that makes for any qualitative difference in performance.

Does the 260H have a "Voice," or simulated Center channel adjustment, or are you limited to selecting the most dialog friendly sound field for movies, etc.?

Trying a different remote couldn't hurt; it would help to rule out another problem, such as a bad IR sensor in the bar...

Last edited by JackN; 05-31-2015 at 04:34 AM.
Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackN View Post
I envy your being able to turn the surround processing off for the different modes; this 660 doesn't offer this feature. I'm guessing the 260H was released after the 660, before the 770 hit shelves (it also has an "Effect" off/on option). If I want unprocessed stereo down-mixing, I'm limited to "Stereo" and "PAUDIO" sound fields, but I am able to get those pretty much where I want them. The latter might sweeten the mix a bit, but apparently not in a surround capacity.

I noticed another change from the 260 to the 260H, which introduced the HDMI port(s): Pro-Logic II seems to have been dropped in favor of proprietary surround processing for 2-channel signal sources, not that that makes for any qualitative difference in performance.

Does the 260H have a "Voice," or simulated Center channel adjustment, or are you limited to selecting the most dialog friendly sound field for movies, etc.?

Trying a different remote couldn't hurt; it would help to rule out another problem, such as a bad IR sensor in the bar...
Yeah being able to turn off the "effect" feature is great. But i can still use the different sound fields (so it seems). When turning it off the sound bar actually gets louder which means I don't have to turn the volume up as high. But both the 260H and the 660 have options that the other does not. That goes both ways. I was just looking at both manuals side by side. But the 370/770 series and the 380/780 series both have option to turn the "effect" feature on or off. However unlike mine (so it seems) once you press a sound field button the "effect" function turns back on.

Manuals can be viewed here according to your product code. https://esupport.sony.com/CA/p/selec...pl?PRODTYPE=47
Old 06-02-2015, 09:09 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Someone HELP!! I have the sony soundbar ct660 and the PS3 connected to my samsung pn64f8500 ( love this tv). Any how after playing with the bitstream and linear pcm in the ps3 in the Audio Output Format (HDMI) settings. I put in the dark knight and first i set it to linear pcm in the ps3 and play it, the soundbar displays lpcm and the while pressing select on the controller the tv shows that the ps3 is popping out dolby truehd 5.1 48khz.... i put it to now to BItstream in settings and now the soundbar shows Dolby HD and while pressing select on the controller it shows the ps3 is pussing out dolby truehd multi channel 48khz . For some reason or its just my head.......The Lpcm setting that shows on the screen dolby true HD 5.1 48khz sounds a lot louder!!! Can somebody please explain me this? I thought the RAW bitstream was better/clear/louder?
Old Today, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcelo19lp View Post
Someone HELP!! I have the sony soundbar ct660 and the PS3 connected to my samsung pn64f8500 ( love this tv). Any how after playing with the bitstream and linear pcm in the ps3 in the Audio Output Format (HDMI) settings. I put in the dark knight and first i set it to linear pcm in the ps3 and play it, the soundbar displays lpcm and the while pressing select on the controller the tv shows that the ps3 is popping out dolby truehd 5.1 48khz.... i put it to now to BItstream in settings and now the soundbar shows Dolby HD and while pressing select on the controller it shows the ps3 is pussing out dolby truehd multi channel 48khz . For some reason or its just my head.......The Lpcm setting that shows on the screen dolby true HD 5.1 48khz sounds a lot louder!!! Can somebody please explain me this? I thought the RAW bitstream was better/clear/louder?
I have the HT-CT260H sound bar and it's connected to my HDTV via optical. The PS3 is connected to the tv via HDMI. My sound bar shows the sound output as LPCM and it's quite loud and clear. I didn't set the PS3 to bitstream cause it made it seem as though LPCM was sending the original audio source code.

Tags
Sony Ht Ct660 46 Inch Sound Bar With Wireless Subwoofer