Problems with TV picture through Samsung Soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 02:44 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi guys!

I was hoping for some advice on my new Samsung HW-F750 soundbar. I've got it set up no issue, and am really happy with the sound quality and usability of the soundbar. One small thing is really bugging me though, which is that when watching digital TV, for a small minority of TV channels the picture is pixellated and I am not sure what is causing it.

I have set up the following configuration, which is not standard I guess, but best as I can do with my basic knowledge: I am using a digital tv box (cablecom HD) with a Sony Bravia TV, which is at least 4 years old. The TV does not have optical connection, with RGB output only, and only two HDMI inputs (no output), and S video out. Given these restrictions with the TV, I decided to connect the digibox to the Soundbar via HDMI cable, and then Soundbar to HDMI input on TV. I also have Xbox HDMI input directly to TV, but I would obviously need another input/output on the Soundbar to do that (I think.)

So most channels work fine (only when channels are dubbed does the sound not correctly normalize as I had hoped), but as I said before three channels have audio but the picture is pixellated. One is HD, two aren't, so I can't see why I have an issue with just these channels. All channels are absolutely fine when I don't use the soundbar (I even use the same HDMI cable from Digibox to TV), so it seems to be the soundbar causing the issue. I am using one gold and one normal HDMI cable, if this matters?

I'd be very grateful for any ideas or advice? Did anyone experience the same? I have sent a request to Samsung, but I expect to be pushed back to the TV service provider, who I expect will do absolutely the same

Thanks
Dan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 08-26-2013, 04:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Double check that your HDMI connectors are fitting nice and snug between the soundbar and the TV. Try the TV's other HDMI input if you haven't done so already. Also, what is the model # of the TV? Seems odd that a Bravia wouldn't have digital audio out, unless it's a very small one.
post #3 of 4 Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks, I'll check the cables tonight. The model is http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/KDL-40D3550/specifications
I don't see the optical out frown.gif
post #4 of 4 Old 08-27-2013, 11:10 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Ah, I see you're in the U.K. as I suspected. Models there often have different connections than U.S. models. Looks like your only choice for audio out from the TV is RCA (red/white). I'd suggest using that connection to the soundbar and moving your digibox back to the TV. That should eliminate the pixelization issue. The audio will likely sound pretty close to what you hear by connecting directly to the bar. Other than that, the only thing I can think of would be trying new HDMI cables in and out of the bar.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Electronics Hw F750 2 1 Channel 310 Watt Soundbar
Gear in this thread - F750 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page