Panasonic SC-HTB170 sound bar problems - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 19 Old 08-31-2013, 09:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,
Just wondering if anyone has one of these? or has heard of any problems.
It used to turn on when we turn on the telly (telly is panasonic smart tv) on but now it does not, and when we go to turn it on it won't unless we will the power on it for 10 mins and reconnect?

Anyone any thoughts?

Thanks
abfab
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM

hi I have the same issue. Soundbar worked fine for a while, now hdmi ARC is not working at all. Bought an optical cable, it works when the soundbar turns on which is random. Resetting to default factory did not help. TV is panasonic as well. anyone any idea hwo to fix this issue?
post #3 of 19 Old 09-13-2013, 12:28 AM

I have had two HTB170 sound bars in a row and both will frequently not turn on until one physically unplugs the power and reconnects it. Very strange and very irritating.
post #4 of 19 Old 09-20-2013, 10:58 PM

Hi, I tried to connect my Pana ARC out TX L42ET60 to ARC in of a Marantz sinto SR6006 and it never worked. I thought that it was a Marantz problem (it is almost 2 years old while Pana is brand new) , but reading this thread i can imagine there could be a problem maybe in the hdmi arc of pana TV ... instead of in the soundbar (or maybe in both..) need investigation.
Is there anyone can perform some test on subsistems (soundbar and tv) in a separate way?
post #5 of 19 Old 11-29-2013, 09:37 AM

I am planning on buying this subwoofer, can someone please tell me whether they've fixed these issues?

I think the SC-HTB70 doesn't have Viera link and this one does. I will be using this with the Panasonic TC-P55VT60 55-Inch TV. So, the Viera link is nice, but if this subwoofer doesn't work, I'd rather get the older SC-HTB70
post #6 of 19 Old 11-29-2013, 10:08 AM

At the end I bought HTB170 since 1 month. I am completely satisfied for the sound and for Bluetooth as well, about the turning on and off it is automatic with the TV. Once the bar is set up you use only and always the TV remote. It happens sometimes that when you turn on TV the soundbar does not turns, but it happens very rarely. I am satisfied of the bought.
post #7 of 19 Old 11-29-2013, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zival View Post

At the end I bought HTB170 since 1 month. I am completely satisfied for the sound and for Bluetooth as well, about the turning on and off it is automatic with the TV. Once the bar is set up you use only and always the TV remote. It happens sometimes that when you turn on TV the soundbar does not turns, but it happens very rarely. I am satisfied of the bought.

Thank you very much!
post #8 of 19 Old 11-30-2013, 04:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Panny is now selling these direct for 99.99. Am now reading reviews. Thanks for above posts.
post #9 of 19 Old 12-01-2013, 05:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snidely View Post

Panny is now selling these direct for 99.99. Am now reading reviews. Thanks for above posts.

Yeah! I bought mine yesterday
post #10 of 19 Old 12-17-2013, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Using mine with the Panasonic 65VT60 for about a week now with no issues to this point. What setting do you guys like best? For some reason I prefer standard with dialog level at 2 and subwoofer at 2 as well. I sit about 9 feet back.
post #11 of 19 Old 12-17-2013, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

Using mine with the Panasonic 65VT60 for about a week now with no issues to this point. What setting do you guys like best? For some reason I prefer standard with dialog level at 2 and subwoofer at 2 as well. I sit about 9 feet back.

I'm glad it's working well for you. I won't be moving into my new house till the middle of next month. I've gotten the soundbar and the Panasonic VT 55" model. I had to get the 55" to fit above the fireplace. Once setup, I will let you know what worked best for me. The soundbar will be sitting inside a niche for me, so the settings may be very different.

Does the Tv remote turn On the soundbar? Do you have a bluray player as well? if so could you get all three to turn ON with just the bluray player remote?
post #12 of 19 Old 12-17-2013, 11:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcarfan View Post

I'm glad it's working well for you. I won't be moving into my new house till the middle of next month. I've gotten the soundbar and the Panasonic VT 55" model. I had to get the 55" to fit above the fireplace. Once setup, I will let you know what worked best for me. The soundbar will be sitting inside a niche for me, so the settings may be very different.

Does the Tv remote turn On the soundbar? Do you have a bluray player as well? if so could you get all three to turn ON with just the bluray player remote?

I've gotten it to work with my VT60 where I can use the tv's remote to control it but not the blu ray player's (I have the Oppo 103D). I haven't had that much time to tinker with it as Iam currently playing the slides on my new VT60. I'm traveling this week and won't make it back till friday but I'll make sure to post back here as soon as I spend some time with it.
post #13 of 19 Old 12-17-2013, 01:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chere View Post

I've gotten it to work with my VT60 where I can use the tv's remote to control it but not the blu ray player's (I have the Oppo 103D). I haven't had that much time to tinker with it as Iam currently playing the slides on my new VT60. I'm traveling this week and won't make it back till friday but I'll make sure to post back here as soon as I spend some time with it.

Thanks!
post #14 of 19 Old 12-20-2013, 12:45 PM
Advanced Member

So I finally got the chance to try out the Sound bar and at this point I can't seem to figure out how to let my Panasonic's remote control its operations let alone the Oppo.

Here's my set up:

HDMI 1 output of the OPPO 103D to the Panasonic 65VT60

HDMI 2 output of the OPPO 103D to the sound bar -- set Split A/V

TIVO HDMI output to HDMI BACK Input of the OPPO 103D.

I've turned on the HDMI CEC setting in the Oppo as well as turning the VT60's speaker output from tv to home theater but it doesn't seem to have done anything. Thoughts?
post #15 of 19 Old 12-20-2013, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Try TIVO to television HDMI1
Oppo to soundbar
Soundbar to HDMI2

HDMI2 is ARC so this should have all working correctly and simplify your setup.

David Freeman
post #16 of 19 Old 12-20-2013, 06:16 PM
Advanced Member

^^^^^^ Unfortunately with your setup scenario, I'll be losing the Oppo's reference capabilities for de-interlacing, scaling and overall video processing of my Tivo OTA channels. So that's a no go for me.......mad.gif
post #17 of 19 Old 12-30-2013, 03:29 PM
Advanced Member

Anyone able to use their panasonic's remote control with this soundbar connected through their blu ray player? I haven't been able to so far.
post #18 of 19 Old 02-16-2014, 03:20 AM

I have had the same problem linked to tv Panasonic Vera sound bar won't switch on have to disconnect power cable and try for 10 -20 mins with the on-off switch I have given up using it...total waste of money I would suggest you stay clear of this product....why is no one from Panasonic picking up on this
post #19 of 19 Old 03-31-2014, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mine just died today. And this is after weeks of weird screeching noises it was making once it was turned on. What a disappointment mad.gif

I'm contemplating if contacting Panasonic Warranty will even be worth it.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Theater Bar Built In Wireless Subwoofer Sc Htb170 K
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page