samsung HW-F450 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 13 Old 09-07-2013, 08:06 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi was wondering i have this sound bar connected to a toshiba tv via optical connection.The auto power wont work i cant get the the sound bar to turn on when i turn on tv.Also the tv's remote the volume wont operate the sound bars volume.Is this because the tv is toshiba?Thx
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 Old 09-07-2013, 06:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer316 View Post

Hi was wondering i have this sound bar connected to a toshiba tv via optical connection.The auto power wont work i cant get the the sound bar to turn on when i turn on tv.Also the tv's remote the volume wont operate the sound bars volume.Is this because the tv is toshiba?Thx

To my knowledge, the functions that you are describing are only operational when you have the soundbar connected via HDMI and you activate HDMI-CEC on both devices. You would need to activate AnyNet+ on the soundbar and whatever Toshiba calls it (on the TV). If your TV utilizes ARC, you can replace the optical cable with an HDMI cable.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 13 Old 09-07-2013, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
It's true that the volume control would only work when using HDMI-CEC, but one of the weird things about these sound bars is the "auto-on" function which won't work with CEC, but is supposed to work when using optical.

This is what the F450 user manual ways when describing the button functions on the remote
Quote:
AUtO POWeR
Synchronizes the Air Track to a
connected Optical source via the
Optical jack so it turns on automatically
when you turn on your TV.

It is also supposed to turn off automatically after ~20 minutes of no signal.
post #4 of 13 Old 09-07-2013, 07:33 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 41
Interesting. I never noticed that button on my HW-E450 remote. I just tried it and it seems that Samsung just can't get this stuff down 100%. I also have a Samsung TV and the soundbar now turns on with the soundbar but doesn't turn off when I power down the TV. I don't know if this only works with Samsung TV's or not but make sure that AnyNet+ is turned off on the soundbar.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #5 of 13 Old 09-28-2013, 01:38 AM

Having trouble with ARC (audio return channel) on this sound bar. Evidently you have to change the source from HDMI to D.IN to get it to work according to the manual. I have it hooked up to an LG LA6900 series TV and it isn't working well. How do I know? When I play the NetFlix app on the TV it won't output the sound to the Samsung sound bar. I have to mute the soundbar and play it through the tv speakers. Disappointed, should have brand-matched sound bar to the tv. (LG to LG and Samsung to Samsung).
post #6 of 13 Old 09-28-2013, 05:18 AM

Try hooking up your hdmi to the output port on the sound bar It's what I did.

Steven
post #7 of 13 Old 09-29-2013, 12:09 PM

I have a samsung hwf550 soundbar connected to a lg 47lm960v TV.

I have an hdmi from blueray player to input on soundbar, then hdmi from soundbar output to tv, into the ARC compatible HDMI1 position.
I set the tv's audio settings to ARC Mode 'On' and output to External Speaker and the soundbar out of the box switched on with the tv, volume works from tv remote and soundbar switches off with tv, perfect!

I have however been told by others that they had issues with certain cables... now I have paid for £75+ cables in the past, but this time I tried the £2.50 Xenta 2m version 1.4 cables, Ethernet and 3d compatible, they work perfectly for me.... glad I didn't waste money on these expensive cables.

when I flick through the inputs on the soundbars display, I choose hdmi arc, not hdmi. the auto power off settings on remote are for when you use an optical cable, soundbar can be set to turn off after 20 mins of no activity so I understand.
post #8 of 13 Old 09-29-2013, 12:14 PM

p.s anyone that's interested, beyond television are selling these soundbars at £268 inc delivery... look really nice quality and sounds good for the money.
post #9 of 13 Old 09-29-2013, 12:17 PM

I don't see an option for ARC in the LG menu under audio, it does say "External Speaker/ARC" is that what you mean? Are you sure it is working on yours? For example, if you play Netflix (on the TV) does sound come through to the Samsung HW-F450 sound bar? I have an LG LA6900 series TV. My last guess is it could be the HDMI cable itself, but works fine otherwise.
post #10 of 13 Old 09-29-2013, 01:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Kculp, it's not clear how you have your connections or what is connected. If your TV supports ARC, one of the HDMI inputs will have the letters "ARC" next to it. The HDMI cable between the soundbar and TV should be connected to that port. You need to have CEC enabled on the devices. Simplink & Anynet. On the soundbar you select HDMI.IN by pressing the input button until you see that. You do not use the "HDMI" input. That is for a source device connected directly to the sound bar.
post #11 of 13 Old 09-29-2013, 05:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

Kculp, it's not clear how you have your connections or what is connected. If your TV supports ARC, one of the HDMI inputs will have the letters "ARC" next to it. The HDMI cable between the soundbar and TV should be connected to that port. You need to have CEC enabled on the devices. Simplink & Anynet. On the soundbar you select HDMI.IN by pressing the input button until you see that. You do not use the "HDMI" input. That is for a source device connected directly to the sound bar.

All of that is correct. I know. I am using HDMI ARC port on the TV and there is only one HDMI port on the soundbar. It is the HDMI out from the soundbar going to the HDMI ARC port on the TV. The other two ports on the LG TV are not ARC.
post #12 of 13 Old 09-29-2013, 08:37 PM

There is no ARC on in the TV menu. .. Only external speaker/ARC/optical and it was selected. This is an LG model 55LA6920. I will try different HDMI cable.
post #13 of 13 Old 11-23-2013, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Possumgirl View Post

I have a samsung 32" smart tv. It supports ARC but none of the HDMI ports are marked.  On my 46" samsung smart tv, HDMI port#2 is marked as ARC.  So I assumed the same would hold true for my TV and it did.  I don't believe there was any mention of ARC ports in my TV's user manual, but when I looked up my TV model on Samsung's website, it did state ARC under the product specs.

Now I arbitrarily assume that HDMI port#2 is the ARC port. At least for Samsung TVs.  May want to try port #2.

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw F450 2 1 Channel 280 Watt Soundbar
Gear in this thread - F450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page