Shortest "height" soundbar ??? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 09-09-2013, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Samsung UN60F8000. Some of you might know there is not much room from the bottom of the stand to the bottom of the screen, maybe 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 inches. Is there such a thing as a slim soundbar that might work? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 09-09-2013, 02:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 47
Panasonic and Sharp have several soundbars that should fit your criteria. Samsung has one that is somewhat pricey that may also fit what you are seeking.

Yamaha and a few others also have soundbars with infrared repeaters on the back of the bar that will transmit your signal to the TV.

David Freeman
post #3 of 6 Old 09-09-2013, 08:50 PM

Liked: 11
I was wondering the same thing...I have a 55" Samsung. But after doing some research, I learned a couple things...forgive me if I'm repeating things you know:

1. Most of the soundbars that are that slim in height do not have quality sound
2. You get better sound if the soundbar is placed above the screen rather than below for a couple reasons (one being you can have a larger speaker with larger drivers, etc.

With that I did some more digging and found some people have made neat brackets that bolt to the back of the TV (much like a wall mount system would mount to it). The brakets simply come up the back of the TV and then they ran a horizontal piece across the width of the TV that connects to the two vertical pieces. Then you can mount the back of the soundbar to this horizontal piece. Some people just used the flat metal pieces you can get from Home Depot/Lowes/Menards/etc....they are cheap and come with holes already in them, etc.

Hope this helps...it's what I'm planning to do.
post #4 of 6 Old 09-09-2013, 09:15 PM

Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by grinchmcg1 View Post

I have a Samsung UN60F8000. Some of you might know there is not much room from the bottom of the stand to the bottom of the screen, maybe 1 1/2 to 1 1/4 inches. Is there such a thing as a slim soundbar that might work? Thanks
Sharp has the lowest profile size out there. http://www.sharpusa.com/ForHome/HomeEntertainment/SoundBar.aspx
post #5 of 6 Old 09-10-2013, 09:17 AM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
Thanks guys.

The bracket idea is an option. That or wall mount the TV.

One of those Sharp soundbars says height 1 1/32 high. If that is the case it might work. Have to see if I can find one localy that I can look at and listen too.
post #6 of 6 Old 09-10-2013, 10:09 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 58
Most soundbars are taller than 1-1/2" (as you already know wink.gif). If you don't wall mount the TV you can consider a few options:
  • Make a riser that fits under the TV's pedestal
  • If you don't feel handy enough to make a bracket as described above, there are sound bar brackets available at Amazon and other online sources
  • Instead of a bracket, take a look at the Center Stage line of shelves that attach to the top of the flat panel
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Un60f8000 60 Inch 3d Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page