Sony SA-CT260H help - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 02:53 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am having trouble getting all of my devices to work with the SA-CT260H sound bar. I have searched forums and have been unable to find the answers that I need. I have a Sony KDL-40S2010 LCD TV, a DirecTV HR24-500 satellite receiver, a Sony DVD player DVP-SR200, Xbox, and Wii that I would like to have audio played by the soundbar. I currently have the satellite HDMI attached to the soundbar and then an HDMI from the soundbar to the TV and that is it. I then have the audio for the TV turned off in the menu to keep sound from coming from the TV and the soundbar.
question 1
Is there an option in the TV menu that I could set so that all the sound that goes into the TV from other devices is sent to the soundbar?
question 2
I attached the optical cord to the TV and the soundbar and got no sound, are there options I need to change in the TV menu to use the optical option?

any help would be great!
Thank you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 09-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmlcsu View Post

I am having trouble getting all of my devices to work with the SA-CT260H sound bar. I have searched forums and have been unable to find the answers that I need. I have a Sony KDL-40S2010 LCD TV, a DirecTV HR24-500 satellite receiver, a Sony DVD player DVP-SR200, Xbox, and Wii that I would like to have audio played by the soundbar. I currently have the satellite HDMI attached to the soundbar and then an HDMI from the soundbar to the TV and that is it. I then have the audio for the TV turned off in the menu to keep sound from coming from the TV and the soundbar.
question 1
Is there an option in the TV menu that I could set so that all the sound that goes into the TV from other devices is sent to the soundbar?
question 2
I attached the optical cord to the TV and the soundbar and got no sound, are there options I need to change in the TV menu to use the optical option?

any help would be great!
Thank you!

Since I don't believe that your TV utilizes ARC (Audio Return Channel), the answer to your first question is no. At least not as you currently have it connected. As for your second question, you want to connect the optical cable from the TV to the soundbar as you apparently did. Then, you want to change the source on your soundbar to OPTICAL and turn the speakers off in the menu of your TV. This will ultimately accomplish what you wanted in question 1.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 5 Old 09-23-2013, 04:43 PM - Thread Starter

I attached the optical cable to the tv and soundbar, then turned off the speaker of the TV and changed the soundbar to optical and have no sound from the soundbar. I still have the HDMI attached to the speaker and TV to get sound from my satellite. but I get no sound form any other device. The optical cable coming out of the TV does have a red light on so I know it is working.

Any more ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
post #4 of 5 Old 09-24-2013, 04:36 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Are you still having a problem getting audio from the TV/attached source devices using the optical cable? Have you tried using the analog connection to see if that works?
post #5 of 5 Old 09-24-2013, 08:28 PM - Thread Starter

I am still having issues and I I haven't tried the analog yet, I will have to run by best buy or walmart tomorrow to pick up the analog cable
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System , Sony Bravia S Series Kdl 40s2010 40 Inch Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - 40s2010 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page