Yamaha SoundBars - YSP 2200 or 3300 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 10-24-2013, 09:35 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok i am totally new here and have been checking out some of the posts in regards to the YSP 2200, it seems like its a great system except some people have mentioned the average subwoofer and the playing of music is not that great. Most of these posts were a year or two old but the system is still available.

But i haven't seen much about the 3300. Is it comparable? Is the 3300 superior system seeing its much newer technology? in regards to subwoofer and music issues that the 2200 seems to have does this system overcome these issues?

any advice would be greatly appreciated, i am leaning towards the YSP2200 but just want to make sure i am not purchasing old technology when i should be looking at something else.

Thanks heaps

Nat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 10-25-2013, 06:55 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I was also looking at the yamaha yep 2200 and 3300 a couple of weeks ago and one of the stores had the yep 2200 without a sub, and it was a small room but i don't know what it was i was not impressed at all, especially for the money.

I then looked at the bose 1st, I am not a bose person but still wanted to see why it was getting great reviews. I though it sounded better than the YSP2200, i could literally feel the sound on the sides and behind in the demo dvd that was being played.

although i side of the wall was not there so i could not hear from that side.

I also read about the Vizio with wireless rear speakers that has to be attached to the sub. I went with that and so far i have listened to music only and it sounds good for the price i paid and it gets loud. Is the sound great thats subjective, for a casual users it will be plenty good.

I am sure the surrounds will be even better for movies. for under $300 you get a lot of settings that you can change with the remote and you get bluetooth connectivity, for the YSP you have to buy a separate dongle which need sot be attached to the iOS or android device.

I have read that vizio will be coming out with a larger 54" model in nov,s o if you can wait you should get that, also I listen to the one that i bough in store and it was alright as it was not properly setup, but it was so completely different setting it up at home.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Yamaha Ysp 2200 Digital Sound Projector Black

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page