That's a real good question.
One would hope that the crossover gets set in such a way that you never reach the lower frequency or output limit of the soundbar and send all that energy (perhaps below 120hz?) to the sub.
Well, the soundbar has a bass setting which can basically eliminate almost all audible bass at it's lowest settings. I did this with my Yamaha sub and works well.m All bass is now coming from the sub. Too bad the sub is very finicky with placement, as in regardless oif where I put it in my room, I lose the vast majority of the bass in my seating position, and it's super powerful in other areas of the room. Gonna have to return it and hope my next one doesn't have such bad hotspots.
It's not a problem with the sub, it's a problem with the relative placement of sub and seat and how they interact in the room. No sub on earth can alter the laws of physics.
You'll have to either move the sub, or seat, or both.
Do a search for the "subwoofer crawl" or "sub crawl" and you will find lots of good info about what is happening, and how to fix it.
I swapped out the optical cable and went for HDMI (ARC) today and here are the steps of what it took on my setup to get it working.
For Reference I have...
- Vizio E701i-A3 television.
- Vizio s5430w-C2 soundbar.
- Logitech Harmony Smart Control remote.
- Scientic Atlantic Cable Box with HDMI-out to HDMI 4 input on tv.
- ROKU 3 with HDMI-out to HDMI 3 input on tv.
- All components are hidden in an adjacent closet which is now media closet. All wires fished through wall behind tv.
- 2 HDMI cables from media closet to back of tv.
- Connect an HDMI cable from HDMI 1 (ARC) on back of the TV to HDMI OUT (ARC) on back of the soundbar.
- Turn on the TV and go to Menu, then Settings, then CEC Settings.
- Enable the CEC function.
- Turn ON the System Audio Control.
- Click on Device Discovery and ensure Audio System is found.
- Ensure the soundbar is set to HDMI 6 (ARC) by using the soundbar remote.
- You should now have audio sound coming through the soundbar and the TV speakers have been disabled by default. When you turn up the volume on with the TV remote the soundbar volume should increase.
Let me know if you guys have any questions, hope this helps.
Credit to snoukka for his post & the heads up on CEC needing to be enabled.
She lives in a loft apartment with a large living room/dining area/kitchen and high ceilings. She hates the sound from the TV and wants a soundbar. I originally thought that the S4251W-B4 would be good for her but there are 2 potential problems. First, it might look too small under the TV. If it was centered, I don't see this as being a big issue. Second (and most important), the cables for the satellite speakers are too short. I was hoping to be able to hide the speakers in her open ceiling and angle them down. That would require long cables.
That brings me to the S5430w-C2 soundbar. I don't feel that she needs the rear satellite speakers so this soundbar, combined with a sub, might be the way to go for her. Would this be a decent subwoofer to pair with this soundbar:
If so, I know that I will also need a Y-adapter. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Thanks. It still might not be ideal because her ceilings are high and open and there might not be a way to hide the wires.
Home Depot and the like sells all kinds of wire hiding solutions. But I understand. If you decide to try it, buy it locally, not amazon. This way if anything isn't right or it just doesn't fit the bill, you can return it. But the 5.1 sound bar is nothing short of awesome. If you do try it, it'll be hard to give it up and you'll be figuring out how to make it work, lol.
|Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv|
- VIZIO E600i-B3 60-Inch 1080p LEDIntroducing the all-new 2014 E-Series 60" (60.10" diag.) Full-Array LED Smart TV with an...
1 ReviewMore on VIZIO E600i-B3 60-Inch 1080p LEDPrice:
$848.00New VIZIO smart TV dual sideNew Vizio internet App TV remote, with Keyboard and Qwerty remote. some knowing TV models support...
1 ReviewMore on New VIZIO smart TV dual sidePrice:
$80.00$13.84New VIZIO Qwerty dual sideNew Vizio internet App TV remote, with Keyboard and Qwerty remote. some knowing TV models support...
1 ReviewMore on New VIZIO Qwerty dual sidePrice: