Vizio S5430w-C2 - 54" soundbar with 3 channel - Page 4 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #91 of 93 Old 01-28-2015, 06:42 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 3
i picked up the vizio sound bar, heres my take on it posted in another thread

"i just picked up the 54" 5.1 vizio sound bar from sam's club, they had it on sale for $298 & i had a reward check from sam's for $150 so it would make my out of pocket cost $150+

IMHO it's not that good it lacks clarity & detail, it's not boomy but the sound is more bass than mids or highs, my 10+ year old 2.1 kenwood system sound much better

even at this $150 price point i will be returning it & buying something else, it's just not a good system IMO"

also it sounds hollow not a goos sound!
Sponsored Links
post #92 of 93 Old 01-28-2015, 11:07 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 335 Post(s)
Liked: 181
Has anyone run this soundbar through a receiver using HDMI and compared the sound quality versus connecting is straight to the set itself using HDMI as well? In theory since a receiver would do a better job recognizing and decoding more audio formats, the final output should sound much better and not to mention avoiding the dd+ issues people are having with the Vizio doing the decoding instead.

post #93 of 93 Old 11-10-2015, 08:23 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Bass and treble ranges?

Does anyone know, or have a guess based on industry conventions, what the "bass" and "treble" controls are centered around?

I'd like to know so I can calibrate the bass and treble using test tones and a decibel meter.

Reply Soundbars

Vizio E601i A3 60 Inch Led Lcd Hdtv
Gear in this thread - E601i by

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page