sonos play bar with panasonic viera TC-L47E50 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

I've Panasonic VIERA TC-L47E50 47-Inc, does anyone know if my TV will output a 5.1 surround sound.  I called the panasonic customer service and the person told me that if the content iam watching comes in digital dolby OR 5.1 surround the tv does have capability to pass that to the soun dbar. so in this case I think it looks like playbar is the right option. Is there a way to  get 5.1 surround sound from the TV if in case it doesnt output that.

We do watch netflix a lot. I think what Iam trying to know before buying this expensive piece is that does it matter if TV outputs dolby digital OR PCM, I mean does it matter/effect for the quality of sound that comes from the playbar, for non audiophiles like me. All Iam trying to see if this bar is worth buying to compensate for the lack of sound from the Panasonic HD tv I have at home and add playbar as a extension to my play 3 for watching movies. Thanks again for your time. I appreciate your insight. 

I would love to buy the playbar. Iam newbie to all this sound bar systems, so any help would be appreciated.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 02:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 52
All TV's output 5.1 from OTA content. Very few output anything other than 2.1 for devices connected to the TV or from internet content if your TV has direct access to NetFlix, Hulu, etc.

To insure 5.1 output to your speaker bar, you would need to connect the audio from the various components directly to the sound bar.

I own a ZT60 and it puts out only 2.1 from connected sources such as Blu-Ray or TIVO or internet content such as TIVO.

Since I have changed my speaker bar to the new Pioneer which is only 2.1, none of that makes any difference as to the sound quality.

David Freeman
post #3 of 3 Old 11-11-2013, 04:57 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

thanks for your response

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Panasonic Viera Tc L47dt50 47 Inch Led Lcd Tv , Sonos Playbar Tv Soundbar And Wireless Speaker For Streaming Music , Panasonic Viera Tc L47e50 47 Inch 1080p Full Hd Ips Led Lcd Tv , Netflix , Hulu , Tivo

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page