Same issue here with my Atlas cable remote that Rogers Cable supplies. I guess I should of spent more on a more capable bar. With the limited inputs, the best way I could think of to set it up was to run the optical connecting from the TV to the bar, and use the remote to control the volume on the bar. That way all digital audio signals sent to the TV would be transferred to the bar. Stuck with two remotes at this point if I do it that way. Right now I am taking audio out from the set-top box to the bar using the RCA outputs and controlling the volume with the cable box. That gives full control of the sound while watching TV, but does not help the Blu-ray situation.
I managed to get it working for myself. Really easy, straightforward process that only takes like 5 minutes. (This is assuming your remote already understands your TV. If it doesn't yet, go do that.)
WHAT TO DO!
1. Turn on the DirecTV box, your TV, and your sound bar. Disable the volume on your TV, raise the volume of your sound bar, and select whatever input the DirecTV box is connected to.
2. On the DirecTV RC71 remote, click the MENU button.
3. Navigate to "Settings & Help" > "Settings" > "Remote Control" > "Program Remote" > "Change Audio Device".
4. It'll ask for your brand. Start typing in "SAMSUNG", and select it when it appears on the list to the right. (Should appear after just typing in S.)
5. It'll now ask for the model number. The DirecTV box won't have the HW-F355 listed, so just click "I don't know my model". (This isn't gonna hold us back one single iota.)
6. A dialogue box shows up that says "Adding Samsung Audio (Attempting code X of YY)." Wait until it finishes. (It should only take about 5 seconds.)
7. Once it's done, a prompt will appear, saying "Code successfully received! To test this code, press--" blah blah blah. Do NOT use the power button like it asks you to. Instead, try raising or lowering the volume control and see if it successfully adjusts the sound bar's volume.
8. If the sound bar's volume does not change, click "Try Next Code". Repeat steps 6 and 7 until the sound bar's volume does change.
8b. If the sound bar's volume does change, click "It Worked". Your remote will now be able to control your sound bar. (It took me three out of 26 attempts.)
8. Select "Change Volume Lock" and make sure "Use Audio Device" is selected, to ensure the remote only adjusts the sound bar's volume and not the TV's.
Once all that's finished, you're done! Your subjugation stick has successfully slaved your superbly spectacular Samsung sound system. Volume Up/Down and Mute functions on your DirecTV RC71 remote will now work on the sound bar without touching your TV. The OFF button still won't turn off the sound bar, but it'll at least turn off your TV and DirecTV box, and the sound system will automatically go to sleep after about 20 minutes of radio silence. (If you want the bar to turn off faster, you'll just have to do it manually.)
OPTIONAL, RECOMMENDED: If you're using Optical SPDIF, I suggest enabling the sound bar's Auto Power feature. There's a button for it on the sound bar's remote; just click it until the sound bar's display says "Power Link On". This makes it so that when you turn on the TV and DTV box with the DirecTV remote, the sound bar will turn on as well (it basically just listens for an audio signal through the Optical, and wakes up when it hears something).
With the volume control, Auto Power feature, and the sleep after 20 minutes of inactivity, your sound bar is now pretty much completely integrated into your DirecTV setup, and you should never need to use your TV's or sound bar's remotes again (except to make settings adjustments). Enjoy!
If anyone can confirm, I would greatly appreciate it!
|Samsung Hw F355 2 1 Channel Soundbar|
- Samsung 65 Inch LED Smart TV UN65H6350Rating: 3.00
9379 ReviewsMore on 65 Inch LED Smart TV UN65H6350Price: $1597.99Recaro HW-F355 2.1 Speaker System (40Rating: 4.37
2176 ReviewsMore on HW-F355 2.1 Speaker System (40Price: $147.99International Design International Design F355 SweetRating: 0.00
11406 ReviewsMore on International Design F355 SweetPrice: $492.23