A few questions about a new Samsung setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 5 Old 11-28-2013, 04:59 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hello to everyone. I am new to the forums and have a few questions hopefully someone could help me with. I am in the process of setting up a 60" Samsung 7100 TV with a Samsung  HW-F550 soundbar, a BD-7500 Blu-Ray player and a HD-DVR cable box. I am connecting the cable box to the TV with a HDMI cable and the soundbar to the TV with HDMI.  Both the TV and the soundbar support ARC. I would like to use Samsung Anynet/CEC for the Blu-Ray player. I haven't started the setup yet as I would like to know what I have to do before I begin. I believe the ARC is HDMI port 2 on the TV and that would connect to the HDMI out on the soundbar. The soundbar has two HDMI ports.  My first question would be whether I have to go HDMI from the Blu-Ray player into the TV and HDMI from the player  into the soundbar or just from the player to the soundbar? Also If I just go from the BD player to the soundbar will the Anynet work. My second questions is in regards to the cable box. Which HDMI port is preferable on the TV for the cable box and would it be advisable to also run an optical cable from the cable box into the soundbar. I greatly appreciate any help.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 Old 11-30-2013, 11:43 AM

Liked: 12
Preferably, you'd want to connect all your devices into your TV's HDMI ports, this eliminates the need to change input sources on your sound bar. However, if you are not getting surround sound from your Blu-Ray Player (5.1 if 7.1), then connecting the Blu-Ray Player into the sound bar is the way to go.

There are no preferable HDMI Ports for your Cable Box. Just connect it to any available ports on your TV, and then configure your video settings to your liking.

If your TV is not outputting surround sound when watching HD Content, then adding the Optical Cable will have a benefit on your audio. However, this applies to HD Content only, Standard Definition content will not have any noticeable benefit.

Overall, if your TV is able to output sound at (5.1 or 7.1) when watching Blu-Ray or HD Content, then connecting all your devices into the TV is the way to go. However, if your TV only outputs sound in stereo (2.1), then connecting your devices to your sound bar will be a huge benefit.

======QUESTION ABOUT ANYNET+=======

I'll be testing that tomorrow, I'll update as soon as I can if AnyNet+ would work when connected to an HDMI input on the sound bar.
post #3 of 5 Old 11-30-2013, 11:59 AM

AVS Forumers feel free to spot any mistakes in my previous post and voice it out. Greatly appreciated smile.gif
post #4 of 5 Old 11-30-2013, 12:08 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 10
MultiStory thank you for your reply. I performed the setup yesterday exactly the same way as you stated. Everything works perfectly. It is as if the new Samsung televisions and components work seemlessly together. Anynet also works great, the television recognizes the BD player automatically as well as the soundbar. Thank you again for taking the time.
post #5 of 5 Old 11-30-2013, 10:08 PM

No problem.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Un60es7100 Led Hdtv
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page