Question about new Samsung HW-F450 setup - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 18 Old 11-30-2013, 11:49 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey, how is everyone today? I purchased a new Samsung HW-F450 sound bar/subwoofer package at best buy. I have everything hooked up but getting no sound. I have it hooked to a 50" Samsung DLP TV (HDTV 1080p). It's not a smart tv. My sound bar is hooked throught the aux in to audio jacks. Since my ps3 an directv is using both my HDMI inputs. The sound bar says "TV Ready, check subwoofer". Is there a setting I am missing, what is my best way to utilize this system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 Old 12-01-2013, 11:43 AM

Liked: 12
Did you change the input on your Samsung HW-F450 to "AUX"? There should be sound produced by the sound bar after changing the input, if not, check that the connection is secure. If the problem still persists, it is your TV fault. Try changing your TV audio settings and check if that works.

"Check Subwoofer" usually means that the sound bar and subwoofer is not paired together. Before you try moving the subwoofer closer to your sound bar, you could try the following steps below to re-pair the sound bar with the subwoofer.

1) Put your sound bar to standby mode.
2) Hold the "Mute" button on your sound bar remote for 5 seconds.
3) You should be seeing "ID SET" on your sound bar.
4) Turn on your sound bar when the subwoofer blue LED starts to blink.
5) The subwoofer blue LED should be solid after a while.

If there is still no connection (subwoofer blue LED blinking) after 2 minutes, you could try moving the subwoofer closer to the sound bar, as interference from other 2.4GHz devices could have disturbed the connection between this two devices, as they operate using the 2.4GHz band.
post #3 of 18 Old 12-01-2013, 11:52 AM

Preferably, connecting the sound bar to the TV with a HDMI cable is the best way to connect this two devices. However, if you would not want to buy an HDMI cable, but have an optical cable lying around, you could use that to connect as well, but with some disadvantages.

HDMI Cable (HDMI ARC)

1) Able to control sound bar's volume with the TV's remote.
2) Able to turn on and off the sound bar together with the TV.

Optical Cable

1) Not able to control sound bar's volume with the TV's remote.
2) Not able to turn on and off the sound bar together with the TV.

Do note that even though you have an HDMI cable, you'd still need an HDMI-ARC compliant TV so that all the features above would work. So everything would be useless using an HDMI cable to connect both devices when the TV is not HDMI-ARC compliant.

HDMI-ARC : High Definition Media Interface - Audio Return Channel
- HDMI-CEC : High Definition Media Interface - Consumer Electronics Control
aceq likes this.
post #4 of 18 Old 12-01-2013, 11:53 AM

AVS Forumers please kindly point out any mistake in my answers. It is greatly appreciated.
post #5 of 18 Old 12-01-2013, 01:23 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks for the informative reply. Mine has the ID set button on back of subwoofer so other than that I made sure it was linked. I bought an optical cable today after talking to associate at best buy. I got sound out of bar but my subwoofer isn't continuously working. I heard it for a second then it loses link an then relinks itself. How do I keep my subwoofer paired?
post #6 of 18 Old 12-01-2013, 09:04 PM

You could try moving your subwoofer closer to the sound bar and see if there are constant disconnections. If the problem still persists, try turning off your wireless router, or anything that operates in the 2.4GHz spectrum, as the sound bar and subwoofer is linked using the 2.4GHz band. Also, remember to attach the RF Protector on your subwoofer's power cable.

When you move the subwoofer closer to your sound bar, try re-pairing the sound bar and subwoofer together again.

You could look at this thread that I created almost a month ago : http://www.avsforum.com/t/1502461/samsung-hw-f450-subwoofer-constant-disconnection
post #7 of 18 Old 01-02-2014, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricky28 View Post

Hey, how is everyone today? I purchased a new Samsung HW-F450 sound bar/subwoofer package at best buy. I have everything hooked up but getting no sound. I have it hooked to a 50" Samsung DLP TV (HDTV 1080p). It's not a smart tv. My sound bar is hooked throught the aux in to audio jacks. Since my ps3 an directv is using both my HDMI inputs. The sound bar says "TV Ready, check subwoofer". Is there a setting I am missing, what is my best way to utilize this system.

I have this soundbar but I hooked everything up to my TV's 4 HDMI ports then used Optical out from the TV to soundbar. Also the soundbar only has 1 HDMI input so you would need to unplug what's current in the HDMI out on the soundbar because that is for ARC to the TV.

Samsung UN55F6300AF
Sony KDL-40Z4100
post #8 of 18 Old 01-23-2014, 11:51 PM

hi, i connected this soundbar to a smarttv samsung 40'' E5500 series i used without any problem with hdmi cable. some days ago, i disconnected cable to connect it on a xbox.

now, i re connected the original cable to tv hdmi port and "hdmi out" port of the soudbar.

tv recognize satellite connected, and if i try to change volume i see the "satellite graphical indicator" isted of the normal volume indicator on tv.

tv option recognize satellite too.

but i hear nothing.

soundbar works, because if i try to play music from bluetooth it works, even if i try to play music from usb key.

hdmi connection seems to works, because tv recognize it and volume sincronization works.

I power on tv, so i power on soundbar, tv change sound source to sound bar, and there is no sound :(

any help? :(

thanks

post #9 of 18 Old 01-26-2014, 12:09 AM

You could try disconnecting your sound bar from your television, and check if any sound is coming out from your television speakers. If there is sound coming out from your television speakers, it could be your HDMI cable connecting the television and sound bar together at fault, or it could be your sound bar's input set wrongly. Follow these four solutions below and check if it could solve your problem.

1) If you have a spare HDMI cable lying around or from a working system, take it out temporarily, change it with the sound bar and check if any sound is coming out from your sound bar.

2) Make sure you change your sound bar's input to "D.In", which should change to "TV ARC" automatically by itself if it's connected properly.

3) Make sure you have enabled ARC mode on your television, and have connected the sound bar to the special "HDMI ARC" port on your television.

4) Make sure that your sound bar or television is not put at a very low volume, turn it up abit and check.

However, if there is no sound coming out from your television speakers, it could be your satellite box problem or your HDMI cable connecting your satellite box and television together at fault. You could try this two solutions I have listed below.

1) If you have a spare HDMI cable lying around or from a working system, try changing it with the sound bar and check if any sound is coming out from your television.

3) Try restarting your satellite box and check if there is any sound coming out from your television.
post #10 of 18 Old 01-26-2014, 12:10 AM

Please update us if this has helped you or have not solved your solution. Also, please input what steps you have taken to solve this problem, so we could help you further.
post #11 of 18 Old 01-26-2014, 09:02 AM

Hi.
Thanks for your advice.
i connected original HDMI cable to ARC Port of my Tv (Port 2).
When i power on the soudbar, sound bar input change automatically to D.IN and, after 2 seconds, TV ARC appears.
But i ear nothing.
So if i unplug HDMI cable, i ear nothing again. If i powerdown the sound bar, i automatically ear sound from TV speakers.

i will try with another hdmi cable with ARC capabilities. Any hdmi 1.4 has arc capabilities? thanks.
post #12 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 03:00 AM

post #13 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 04:30 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 856
"HDMI 1.4" is a device designation. Not a cable designation.
As long as an HDMI cable is categorized as "high speed" it will support ARC. Since "standard speed" HDMI cables are hard to find anymore if you have bought your HDMI cable in the last couple of years and its of decent quality its very likely to be "high speed" and therefore ARC capable.
How well ARC works often depends on the order in which the devices are powered on. In most cases the tv should be turned on last.
ARC also depends on the compatibilty of the devices. It will not work with all devices regardless of brand, make, model, year it was made, etc. Since abione has 2 fairly new Samsung devices compatibility is likely not an issue.
MultiStory likes this.

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #14 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 10:00 AM

i changed my hdmi cable with a high speed cable, and problem is solved :)

post #15 of 18 Old 01-27-2014, 10:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 341 Post(s)
Liked: 856
Quote:
Originally Posted by abioneperhobby View Post

i changed my hdmi cable with a high speed cable, and problem is solved smile.gif
Congrats!

No, Mr. Bond. I expect you to die!
post #16 of 18 Old 09-30-2014, 06:46 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi am new to the forum, and looking for a little help. I purchased a Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar last year to go with my Samsung 50" LED (Model # UN50F6400) and so far it's been great. Unfortunately, i recently hasd a neighbor move in right above my place so in order to be able to enjoy late night TV i purchased a pair of Bluetooth headphones. They are Sony's (Model #MDR-ZX750DC ) and while i was able to pair them with my iPhone to verify they work, i was unable to pair them with the Soundbar or even the TV at all. Is there any way at all to pair them to the soundbar, or at least the TV ? Many thanks !
post #17 of 18 Old 10-01-2014, 09:22 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimCavanaugh View Post
Hi am new to the forum, and looking for a little help. I purchased a Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar last year to go with my Samsung 50" LED (Model # UN50F6400) and so far it's been great. Unfortunately, i recently hasd a neighbor move in right above my place so in order to be able to enjoy late night TV i purchased a pair of Bluetooth headphones. They are Sony's (Model #MDR-ZX750DC ) and while i was able to pair them with my iPhone to verify they work, i was unable to pair them with the Soundbar or even the TV at all. Is there any way at all to pair them to the soundbar, or at least the TV ? Many thanks !
Have you followed the steps on pages 14-15 of the owner's manual for the soundbar?
post #18 of 18 Old 10-02-2014, 06:19 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yes I tried following the instructions in the manual but I was not able to pair the headphones because the manual seems to say the device needs to have a screen to link up numerically w/ the soundbar (like a phone etc) and obviously the headphones don't have a screen. I also spoke to someone at Samsung & they told me the soundbar is not compatible with Bluetooth headphones. Does anyone here have different info ? If not is there a way to connect the Bluetooth headphones directly to my tv ? It's also a Samsung, model # UN50F6400A. Thanks for any help I really appreciate it !
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw F450 2 1 Channel 280 Watt Soundbar
Gear in this thread - F450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page