Opinion on Sony HTCT260 vs Sony HTCT260H - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-02-2013, 09:56 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
New to the forum and looking for a sound bar in the area of $200. Sony HTCT260 gets great reviews on Amazon and Best Buy but does not have HDMI input - price is about $200 at Best Buy. The H series does have HDMI capability and is actually a little less at Amazon - but there aren't nearly as many reviews and they aren't quite as good.

I would mostly be using them for watching sports and movies on a 50-inch plasma. I also noticed the VIZIO S4251w-B4 gets great reviews and it is 5.1 compared to the Sony being 2.1 but is $100 more.

My questions:
- How important is the HDMI inputs? The H is a little less money but reviews and number of them not quite as good?
- Am I going to be missing out on sound a lot by not going with Vizio that has the 5.1? The Sony says it has S Force Surround Sound but no idea how good that is by comparison.
- Any other recommendations in that rough price range appreciated.

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-03-2013, 03:39 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 48
I'm not fond of the Sony for sound quality. In that price range the JVC was good but if you can go a little closer to $300 the Pioneer blew away about everything I tested until about the $800 range. HDMI is not important at this price range unless you have no other way of connecting it. I found 5.1 in most sound bars gimmicky especially in this price range. I would go for sound quality over features.

The Vizio has surround speakers and that is going to be a HUGE advantage for surround sound over any sound bar trying to bounce sound off the walls or play phase tricks to give a faux sense of surround. If you are looking for surround sound I'll bet the Vizio wins hands down. I haven't tried that model Vizio so I can't comment on the sound quality. The Pioneer might give have an advantage for sound quality but the Pioneer is only a stereo bar and does not even try to fake surround sound. You'll have to decide what is more important to you, sound quality or surround sound.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-03-2013, 07:36 AM - Thread Starter

Thanks so much for the help. I must admit I have no idea how good the fake surround sound is so that does make it a little harder to determine what is more important. I will look at the JVC as well - thanks.
post #4 of 4 Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM

Yes, me too, the surround feature is awesome, but the subwoofer i think that it has a little delay, or maybe its just me. 

http://crazyreviews.net/sony-htct260h-sound-bar-wireless-subwoofer/

Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System
Gear in this thread - Htct260 by PriceGrabber.com