Samsung Soundbar, Soundshare only, Interference/Crackling - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 57 Old 12-15-2013, 11:52 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
just bought a new Samsung HW-F450 to go with my new Samsung UE46F6500 TV but am having problems with Soundshare
No problem connecting or with Sub but have constant crackling on Soundbar when audio is playing. nothing when on pause or blank screen

things i have tried:
new soundbar
HDMI/Optical connection both fine
turned off all other appliances/lighting in room plus router
Updated all firmware

hate to say it but looking like the TV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 Old 12-15-2013, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Convinced it is the TV outputting the crackling to the soundbar. Amount depends on what audio file playing. That is, worse for 5.1 and AAC than MP3.
Also tried bluetoothing my phone and is perfect.
post #3 of 57 Old 01-25-2014, 06:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm having the same issue.. I have the Samsung HW-F550 soundbar connected via SoundShare to my Samsung 7100 series 60" LED. I've not tried connecting it via other methods, but it seems to mainly do it when I'm playing movies on the BluRay player (Samsung BD F5900). I haven't really noticed it when watching TV (HDMI from DTV receiver), but perhaps it's doing it and I don't notice.
post #4 of 57 Old 01-26-2014, 06:40 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

i am in discussions with Samsung technical who are trying to replicate the fault and will pass this on. although it would be better if you contacted them direct and add weight to the fault. best to contact Liam on 0330 726 7864.

correct there is no issue with TV broadcasts just anything connected via HDMI or files played through the internal player either off a USB or streamed off a NAS. even netlix is effected

one thing you could try is to turn the tv off and on and then play a file? this works for me with no crackle but leaving the tv on and re-accessing the same file results in the crackle returning
to me this proves it is a TV fault
post #5 of 57 Old 01-26-2014, 06:00 PM

I just got it in my TV feed from DirectTv, which is connected via HDMI.

I'LL do your test and contact support tomorrow.. Thanks for any additional info you can offer.
post #6 of 57 Old 01-26-2014, 06:06 PM

Have you tried without the soundbar? Does the TV sound crackle or is it just due to passing the information to the soundbar?
post #7 of 57 Old 01-27-2014, 02:35 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bccomstock View Post

Have you tried without the soundbar? Does the TV sound crackle or is it just due to passing the information to the soundbar?

TV by itself is fine

forgot to add that Samsung sent around an engineer who confirmed the fault and that it was the TV causing the issue.

already tried a new TV and Soundbar which have the same issue
post #8 of 57 Old 01-27-2014, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Setting up an Apple TV tonight and made a strange discovery. No crackling!!!
Reason..ATV 2 does not output 24p!
This explains why TV broadcasts and recorded TV is OK

Tried setting devices that were crackling to non 24p and all is fine!
post #9 of 57 Old 02-02-2014, 12:11 AM

Hi,

Having the same problem on a UE55F6670 and HW-F450. 

If I use HDMI or optical cable I have no problem, so Soundshare is the problem. The problem is that I like the sound through soundshare, it's more clear, the bass is better, but this crackling drives me nuts. 

I play my videos through the network from a NAS so no devices to turn off 24p.

Did Samsung give you a future solution? A future firmware for TV or soundbar that will fix the problem?

Later edit: tried playing same clips from a media player...it plays smoothly, no crackling.

post #10 of 57 Old 02-02-2014, 03:29 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyrae24 View Post

Hi,
Having the same problem on a UE55F6670 and HW-F450. 
If I use HDMI or optical cable I have no problem, so Soundshare is the problem. The problem is that I like the sound through soundshare, it's more clear, the bass is better, but this crackling drives me nuts. 
I play my videos through the network from a NAS so no devices to turn off 24p.
Did Samsung give you a future solution? A future firmware for TV or soundbar that will fix the problem?

Later edit: tried playing same clips from a media player...it plays smoothly, no crackling.

so when through the media player not 24p?

awaiting a call. said two weeks
post #11 of 57 Old 02-02-2014, 12:05 PM

So how do I go about turning off 24p? All I have connected are DirecTV, Xbox 360 and a Samsung Blu-ray..

Also, just got the crackle from watching Netflix via the Smart apps on the TV.. Obviously nothing else connected in that scenario.
post #12 of 57 Old 02-02-2014, 03:31 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

So how do I go about turning off 24p? All I have connected are DirecTV, Xbox 360 and a Samsung Blu-ray..

Also, just got the crackle from watching Netflix via the Smart apps on the TV.. Obviously nothing else connected in that scenario.

Easiest way to test is play a standard DVD with your bluray player. This will be in 50hz and should be ok. Then try a bluray which should default to 24p and crackle.
Can't remember which button on the tv remote but one will cause he TV to display the picture info. 1080@50 or 1080@24

Yes Netflix is a problem too
post #13 of 57 Old 02-05-2014, 11:01 AM

I have exactly the same problem:

Samsung soundbar HW-F550

TV- UE40F6740

Samsung blu-ray F8500

Netflix from the TV crackles and when I play blu-ray it carckles. No crackles from watching TV. If I disconnect the soundbar from the TV, I don't hear the crackle but I am beginning to wonder if the crackles are still there but not amplified.

I made an interesting discovery: I played a movie from Netflix but using the blu-ray app- NO crackles. This means my internet connection is fine and the soundbar is fine.

I think it is the TV that is problematic or more likely the way the apps and USB files are handled.

Samsung has not been helpful at all and just said to see if I can get a new TV/Sound bar from the retailer. And I could but my concern is that the new TV and soundbar will have the same problem.

post #14 of 57 Old 02-05-2014, 12:13 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thirdwheel View Post

I have exactly the same problem:
Samsung soundbar HW-F550
TV- UE40F6740
Samsung blu-ray F8500

Netflix from the TV crackles and when I play blu-ray it carckles. No crackles from watching TV. If I disconnect the soundbar from the TV, I don't hear the crackle but I am beginning to wonder if the crackles are still there but not amplified.

I made an interesting discovery: I played a movie from Netflix but using the blu-ray app- NO crackles. This means my internet connection is fine and the soundbar is fine.
I think it is the TV that is problematic or more likely the way the apps and USB files are handled.
Samsung has not been helpful at all and just said to see if I can get a new TV/Sound bar from the retailer. And I could but my concern is that the new TV and soundbar will have the same problem.

yeh they WILL have the same problem i have proved that
its definitely a TV problem. its introducing the crackle
please contact Samsung and speak to Liam
post #15 of 57 Old 02-05-2014, 03:23 PM

Much to my disappointment before long there were the crackles again even though using the app through the blu-ray. So that does not work either.

I switched off 24P on blu-ray and switched off BD Wise. At first no crackles so I thought I had cracked it but took the disc out and re-inserted and there were the damn crackles again.

I will contact Samsung tomorrow and ask for Liam as Pacemaker suggested.

I am almost tempted to get rid of the whole lot and go for a Sony system before my 28 days of purchase is over.

post #16 of 57 Old 02-06-2014, 04:13 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

^^^^
Does it do it with a standard DVD?
Mine is ok with this, as it is with any TV broadcast or recording

Please can you try this?
post #17 of 57 Old 02-06-2014, 07:47 AM

hi bccomstock... I am having the EXACT same problem as you were having.  I recently purchased Samsung 7100 series 60" and then tried connectiong the samsung soundbar HW-F550 via Soundshare and I immediately get a crackling sound while watching Directv.  I do not hear the crackling over bluetooth when played by my phone and do not hear when I connect the tv by an HDMI cable.  Were you able to resolve the crackling issue from the Soundshare?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.  I was on the phone with Samsung for over an hour last night and they could not help me.  

post #18 of 57 Old 02-06-2014, 12:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post

^^^^
Does it do it with a standard DVD?
Mine is ok with this, as it is with any TV broadcast or recording

Please can you try this?

I used a recorded DVD and it plays fine with no crackles- the DVD is not the best quality but I think it is proof enough that DVD is fine.

I used my iPod with a cheap Bluetooth connection and that was fine with no crackles. Surprisingly, a very high quality sound apart from a hiss in the background.

I disconnected the soundbar from the TV and streamed a movie from Netflix- no crackles that I could detect from the TV speakers turned up to the max. As soon as I use the soundbar with Soundshare, the crackles are heard again.

I rang Samsung again today but Liam could not speak. I was told someone called Andrew had spoken to Liam and knew "all about it". He will call me tomorrow, I hope. The more people contact Samsung the better. Hopefully, they will come up with a solution. This is such a shame, I do like the whole set up but as it is, it ruins my enjoyment of it.

post #19 of 57 Old 02-07-2014, 03:25 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

I used a recorded DVD and it plays fine with no crackles- the DVD is not the best quality but I think it is proof enough that DVD is fine.

I used my iPod with a cheap Bluetooth connection and that was fine with no crackles. Surprisingly, a very high quality sound apart from a hiss in the background.

I disconnected the soundbar from the TV and streamed a movie from Netflix- no crackles that I could detect from the TV speakers turned up to the max. As soon as I use the soundbar with Soundshare, the crackles are heard again.

I rang Samsung again today but Liam could not speak. I was told someone called Andrew had spoken to Liam and knew "all about it". He will call me tomorrow, I hope. The more people contact Samsung the better. Hopefully, they will come up with a solution. This is such a shame, I do like the whole set up but as it is, it ruins my enjoyment of it.

Thanks for that. It confirms my diagnosis that it is a TV 24fps problem.
Hopefully a firmware fix. I am currently using the 'ARM' feature for 24p stuff and put it back to TV so the family can enjoy the auto compatibility feature I bought it for
post #20 of 57 Old 02-07-2014, 11:36 AM

Here is what Liam (the guy with Irish accent) said to me this morning: "the problem is with the Soundshare; it does not support 24 fps or 60i". He said there was going to be a meeting this afternoon about this problem but he said "don't expect a major breakthrough".

Anyone: if you use an HDMI cable, do you get the problem? With the HDMI cable does the soundbar switch on and off with the TV or do you have to switch it on and off separately? Is the sound quality as good as Soundshare (ignoring the carckles)? and do you need to use optical digital cable with it at the same time?

Fingers crossed Samsung will come up with a reasonable solution. I hope it is just a firmware update. I still think more people need to phone through to get Samsung moving on this.

post #21 of 57 Old 02-07-2014, 12:37 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Here is what Liam (the guy with Irish accent) said to me this morning: "the problem is with the Soundshare; it does not support 24 fps or 60i". He said there was going to be a meeting this afternoon about this problem but he said "don't expect a major breakthrough".

Anyone: if you use an HDMI cable, do you get the problem? With the HDMI cable does the soundbar switch on and off with the TV or do you have to switch it on and off separately? Is the sound quality as good as Soundshare (ignoring the carckles)? and do you need to use optical digital cable with it at the same time?

Fingers crossed Samsung will come up with a reasonable solution. I hope it is just a firmware update. I still think more people need to phone through to get Samsung moving on this.

Nice to know my diagnosis I passed to Samsung has been adopted

Using an HDMI cable with ARC does work but for some reason requires an active separate input to a HDMI input. It took me awhile to work this out as there is no mention in the manals so originaly thought it was a HDMI cable fault etc.
So my media player has to be permanently switched on to enable the auto soundbar power on or even work at all. Samsung says its not a fault but the way it was designed.
post #22 of 57 Old 02-07-2014, 12:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacemaker View Post

Nice to know my diagnosis I passed to Samsung has been adopted

Using an HDMI cable with ARC does work but for some reason requires an active separate input to a HDMI input. It took me awhile to work this out as there is no mention in the manals so originaly thought it was a HDMI cable fault etc.
So my media player has to be permanently switched on to enable the auto soundbar power on or even work at all. Samsung says its not a fault but the way it was designed.

Do you mean connecting the HDMI input on the soundbar to the TV HDMI ARC does not work and need to connect to another HDMI on the telly?

What a mess, how can they market a product when it has a generic problem? It is like selling a car and then say don't drive at night because the lights won't work.

post #23 of 57 Old 02-07-2014, 02:20 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Quote:

Do you mean connecting the HDMI input on the soundbar to the TV HDMI ARC does not work and need to connect to another HDMI on the telly?

What a mess, how can they market a product when it has a generic problem? It is like selling a car and then say don't drive at night because the lights won't work.

yes that's exactly right.. silly me just connected the HDMI lead from the TV ARC output to the Soundbar and expected the audio to work...doh rolleyes.gif
only by accident did i turn on the media player and THEN it worked
post #24 of 57 Old 02-10-2014, 11:08 AM

has anyone found a solution to the crackling when soundshare is connected? Is it worth returning and trying a new one?   I have spoken to Samsung numerous times and they can't even comprehend what I am describing.  Their only solution is to mail them the brand new sound bar I just bought, which clearly makes no sense.  They also have no way of connecting me to this Liam person. 

post #25 of 57 Old 02-10-2014, 01:36 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

spoke to Liam today. to be fair he has been very good at updating me.
Samsung have at last been able to replicate the problem and are working on it. he is expecting news tomorrow and will be contacting me
will let you know
post #26 of 57 Old 02-10-2014, 02:50 PM

Poor guy sounded very stressed. At least they know there is a problem. Let's give them a chance and see what they do.

I found that recorded TV from Samsung BD F8500 also caused crackling, quite disconcerting because technically that should not happen.

post #27 of 57 Old 02-10-2014, 06:47 PM

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread much lately.. Mine is obviously still doing it, and I'll contact Liam if additional cases would help the cause.. Do you have a direct line to him or a number and an extension?
post #28 of 57 Old 02-11-2014, 11:46 AM

Quote:

Sorry I haven't kept up with this thread much lately.. Mine is obviously still doing it, and I'll contact Liam if additional cases would help the cause.. Do you have a direct line to him or a number and an extension?

Samsung knows about it so I probably wouldn't put on any more pressure on for a few days until they come up with an answer. That Liam guy sounded very stressed out yesterday. My feeling is that this will take a while.

post #29 of 57 Old 02-13-2014, 07:00 AM

I believe I'm having the issues as some of you here... but not sure bc I'm sort of a noob at these matters.  Here's my issue:

My soundbar sounds perfectly fine... until I put a 2D Blu Ray in.  The TV, 3D BluRay, DVD's, and BlueTooth are all fine.  During 2D BluRay movies I get a studder/interference/skip type noise about every 15-20 seconds.  I have it hooked up wirelessly to my Samsung 6400 3D TV.  The 3D Blu Ray player is a Sony 3D BDP-BX59.  The blu ray player doesn't have an HDMI IN so I can't test a direct connection.

Is this what you all are talking about?  Would buying a new Blu Ray player (with an HDMI IN) make a difference?  Any thoughts/help would be greatly appreciated.  I don't want to take this thing back, lol.

post #30 of 57 Old 02-13-2014, 12:15 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

^^^^
The problem is with 24hz material so I am surprised 3D movies are OK. Standard DVDs should be OK if the are UK 25hz same as normal TV
No, changing your player won't help
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw F450 2 1 Channel 280 Watt Soundbar
Gear in this thread - F450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page