Zvox 555 or Polk IHT 5000? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 12-20-2013, 07:52 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking to buy a soundbar for my parents and am looking for advice between the Zvox 555 and the Polk IHT 5000. I have selected those models in part due to their size. Many soundbars are too wide for my TV stand and will stick out over the edges. I realize the Zvox has built in subs and the Polk has a separate sub so am looking for some feedback on the same. Alternatively, I would also like feedback on how the Zvox Soundbase 430HSD compares as I could always add a sub later. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 12-22-2013, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone have any advice? Also considering the Bose Cinemate GS and am looking which out of the three would be the best choice.
post #3 of 3 Old 12-27-2013, 09:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
The Zvox 555 is a great sound box. I use one in my secondary system and it's a big setup from my Panasonic Plasma speakers. It will never match a good 5.1 system, but the 555 has features that might enhance the listening experience for your parents, such as Dialog Emphasis DE and Output Leveling OL. It also has a Dolby Digital decoder and two digital inputs, so you can take advantage of enhanced sound from your DVD player and/or cable box. I don't believe however, it has the ability to pass a signal to a separate sub. Can't comment on the Polk, since I've never owned one.

The 430HD is more compact if space is a consideration, but it does not offer the above features such as DE and OL. It also doesn't have a Dolby Decoder, so no digital inputs.

Given the choice, I would go with the Zvox 555.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Polk Audio Surroundbar 5000 Iht Virtual Surround Speaker Bar With Wireless Subwoofer , Zvox 555 Low Profile Single Cabinet Surround Sound System With Optical And Coaxial Digital Inputs

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page