A few questions before buying a soundbar - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 7 Old 12-20-2013, 10:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

1. Is there a big difference between 2.1 and 5.1 soundbars? I'm hearing a lot of good things about the Pioneer SP-SB23W, but it's only 2.1. Shouldn't 5.1 always be better than 2.1?

2. Is it possible to connect my PC(has HDMI) and TV to one soundbar? If yes, how? Most soundbars I've looked at doesn't have HDMI ports.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 12:23 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Vizio S4251w- b4. Just picked this up and for roughly $300 I don't think there is a better overall soundbar setup than this. The Pioneer is good but honestly overrated.
post #3 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 04:32 PM - Thread Starter

Can someone help me?

post #4 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 05:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
The ONLY 5.1 soundbar available is made by VIZIO. That is it. And the current one only has 1 optical input/1 coaxial input for 5.1 sound, and an rca analog input for 2.1 sound. That is the only one available right now, and your only choice. So that is it. NO HDMI INPUT/OUTPUT on that one. But it can decode 5.1 DD/DTS signals from a Blu-Ray, HD STB, etc... But you only get 2 of those types of connections, and MUST BE CONNECTED DIRECTLY to the soundbar.

"Supposedly" a NEWER version with HDMI in/out is supposed to be coming out. But it has been expected forever, and it is still a no show.

There are a TON of 2.1 bars. The Pioneer is overvalued IMHO. The Sony HTCT-260 is an awesome 2.1 soundbar at $249, sometimes $50 less when on sale. It's bigger brother, the HTCT-660, has the HDMI inputs you want, but is about $70 more than the htct-260.

I would go with the SONY or VIZIO. You want surround, the VIZIO is your only option at reasonable cost.
post #5 of 7 Old 12-21-2013, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Ok thanks. Guess I'll buy Vizio. 

post #6 of 7 Old 12-25-2013, 08:42 AM

Hi may be a little off topic but I'm thinking of buying two soundbars. One for the living room and one for the den does anyone know if I can connect via bluetooth to both soundbars at the same time and stream music?

post #7 of 7 Old 12-25-2013, 06:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by perogypal View Post

Hi may be a little off topic but I'm thinking of buying two soundbars. One for the living room and one for the den does anyone know if I can connect via bluetooth to both soundbars at the same time and stream music?

I would say no because you actually have to pair the device with the soundbar. AFAIK, you need to terminate the bluetooth connection with one device before you pair with another.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Pioneer Sp Sb23w Andrew Jones Soundbar System , Vizio S4251w B4 5 1 Soundbar , Sony Htct260 Sound Bar Home Theater System
Gear in this thread - S4251w by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page