Need help with connecting Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar please - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 01:29 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10

Hi,

I just bought a Samsung HW-F450 Soundbar today and was wondering if anyone could help me with the best possible setup please?

The Soundbar has both HDMI in and out ports, as well as a Digital Audio Optical port. My Samsung TV has 3 HDMI ports, one of them being ARC. I also have a TiVo and a PS3 which I watch all my movies on.

I've heard that the ARC port is best to use, but if I have the ARC, is there no need to connect my TiVo and PS3 to the Soundbar? Can they just be connected directly to the TV HDMI ports?

Both the TV and the Soundbar also support the Samsung feature "Soundshare", which means the Soundbar can be connected to the TV via Bluetooth. I tried it and the idea of no wires are great, but not sure if it'll give me the best sound.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 01:43 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
I would connect your devices to the TV via HDMI and then connect the TV to the soundbar by connecting an HDMI cable from the ARC port on your TV to the HDMI OUT port on your soundbar. Make sure to activate AnyNet+ on the TV and soundbar.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
post #3 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 01:56 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctego View Post

I would connect your devices to the TV via HDMI and then connect the TV to the soundbar by connecting an HDMI cable from the ARC port on your TV to the HDMI OUT port on your soundbar. Make sure to activate AnyNet+ on the TV and soundbar.

Ok, however I've read that it is also good to connect my Blu-ray player (PS3) to the HDMI IN on the Soundbar, should I do this, or will I still get the same benefit of connecting the Blu-ray direct to the TV, since I have the HDMI ARC?

post #4 of 4 Old 12-31-2013, 02:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 41
In an ideal world, I recommend connecting devices directly to the soundbar whenever possible. In reality, I didn't notice a difference between connecting my BD player to the soundbar first or the TV first. This is only a 2.1 soundbar. If it was a 5.1 system with an AVR, I wouldn't recommend going to the TV first. My best recommendation would be to try it both ways and see if you notice a difference.
Lynch79 likes this.

We are here to help you. Please help us to help you. If you provide incomplete information, at best, we can give you an incomplete response.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Samsung Hw F450 2 1 Channel 280 Watt Soundbar
Gear in this thread - F450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page