$700 Budget, Soundbar or seperate L/C/R? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 01-03-2014, 01:48 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I have a budget of $700 for a L/C/R setup.

I'm leaning towards a Soundbar for the simplicity of it, but I'm interested in a passive soundbar since I already have a Sub (HSU STF-2) and Receiver (Arcam) which I'd like to utilize. I want the Golden Ear, but it's too much $$$.

The speakers must be wall mountable, and WAF is important (can't have giant bookshelves hanging on the wall (for reference, my old BA CR8s are too big).

I would say it will be a 80/20 use for TV & Movies / music, but music is still important to me.

Thanks for any guidance you can give.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 02-21-2014, 12:04 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I'm looking at the Polk 9500BT. Have heard it in store and sounds really good. They were offering 10% off which would drop the price to $630. Definitely leaning towards this particular bar. Also was seriously considering the Klipsch energy sound bar elite that I could get for $550. Sounds great but after researching on this site seems like it has some issues. If I had to pull the trigger today I would go with the Polk. If you already purchased one let me know what you ended up with and if you are satisfied with the product.
post #3 of 4 Old 03-30-2014, 12:35 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It doesn't appear that the Polk 9500 is passive, so you wouldn't be able to use it through your receiver... Am I wrong about this?
post #4 of 4 Old 03-30-2014, 05:32 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
For your price range and something not to obtrusive for the WAF I'd look at the Paradigm MilleniaOne speakers. They are excellent sounding speakers that hopefully will meet the WAF. If you can get the placements of the L/R speakers further apart than an LCR sound bar you will get better performance.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Hsu Research Stf 2