Buying an Sony HT-CT660 Thursday Morning - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 01-22-2014, 08:37 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I ran into a sale on this sound bar while trying to get a price match on a Sony KDL47W802A TV, $100 off on the sound bar.

So I'm going to look at the sound bar tomorrow morning, and if I like the sound of it I'll get the TV and the sound bar together.

My set up will be a Gaming PC and my Moto DVR cable box connected to the TV via HDMI, and the sound bar connected to the TV optical. I wanted a sound system that would automatically sync up with which ever TV input I'm using, I like simple elegant cost effective solutions... not expensive complex projects with annoying controls, and I'm not an audiophile. As long as I can tell something is coming from the left or right, then I'm good.

I was actually dead set against getting a sound bar, but different people talked me into giving modern sound bars a chance.

Sorry this is short notice, I just found this deal tonight. It looks like a great product from the reviews I've looked at, but if anyone wants to warn me about anything I'll check for replies in the morning before I leave. I just don't want to make any mistakes or find an unexpected surprise... which has happened to me before with expensive electronics purchases. If I have to take the speaker bar back for some unknown reason, then I'll be stuck with a new TV with awful awful speakers.

(I already have a thread with this info in the speaker section, but now that I'm close to committing to a sound bar I thought I should make a new thread in the sound bar area.)

I wanted to be in bed by now, but really felt the need to post this thread before turning in just to be safe. Gnight! biggrin.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 08:36 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Going off your post, I believe you will be happy with your purchase. Enjoy!

Panasonic TC-P60ST60 Plasma
Sony HT-CT660 Sound bar
Harmony 650 Remote
Google Chromecast
Sony Playstation 3
post #3 of 3 Old 01-23-2014, 11:56 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I love mine. Just read the manual after you get it all plugged in so you can figure out how to calibrate the sound to your liking. It took me about an hour to get it sounding right after I got it in place.
Reply Soundbars

Tags
Sony Ht Ct660 46 Inch Sound Bar With Wireless Subwoofer , Sony Bravia Kdl 47w802a 47 Class Full Hd 3d Led Lcd Internet Tv
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page