Yamaha YAS 101 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 4 Old 04-14-2014, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 17
i have this soundbar connected to a LG 42" LCD.its optic output is hooked from the tv to the soundbar.what i have recently noticed is that when i hit the display on my bluray player,its showing either 2.0 stereo or 2.1 dolby instead of 5.1,which is previously chosen on the bluray's menu before playing.does the tv have anything to do with this or should i add an optic cable from the bluray player directly to the bluray input on the soundbar? i watch alot of concert dvd's and blurays and im just wondering why the bluray player is displaying this.thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 04-15-2014, 04:34 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Yes, your TV has identified itself as a stereo device to the Blu-ray player so the Blu-ray only sends stereo information to the TV, which is what gets passed to the optical. If you do connect directly to your Blu-ray you will get the 5.1 signal.
post #3 of 4 Old 04-15-2014, 06:46 AM - Thread Starter

thanks for the response.ive owned this soundbar and bluray player for over a year and I recently just noticed this.i figured with the speakers shut off on the tv it wouldn't effect sound format,i guess I was wrong.thanks again.
post #4 of 4 Old 04-16-2014, 10:31 PM - Thread Starter

upon further review,i found out that my bluray player audio output is 2 channel(its a LG BD620C).beside the hdmi output to the tv its labelled 2 channel audio.never noticed this before,as i havnt been able to find my manual.there isnt an optical output from the player,just hdmi and single coax.
Reply Soundbars
Gear in this thread

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page