AVS Forum banner

Sony HT-CT660 not connected in Bravia Sync settings

544 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ttlnb 
#1 ·

Hi

I recently purchased a Sony 60" KDL-R550a TV and an HT-CT660 Sound bar.

I'd like to use Bravia Sync so when I power on / off the TV, the sound bar turns off / on as well.

The problem is when looking at the bravia sync settings on the TV, the sound bar is listed but doesn't say connected.

This however is not true, as the sound bar is connected and audio is heard...I have them connected via the HDMI ARC ports on both devices.

I've tried different HDMI cables that I know support ARC because the same kind / brand is connecting the blu-ray and sound bar, and it shows up as being connected in the bravia sync menu.

Would love to hear any ideas as I'm on the receiving end of my wife's wrath cuz she feels it not easy enough for her.

Thanks!

See less See more
#2 ·
The automation part of HDMI is flawed, just accept that and don't think you will get it to work because it is supposed to. It doesn't, I have spent enough time playing with components that if you get a system to work with CEC you are extremely lucky. You probably have better odds of winning the powerball.

Connect your devices to the sound bar, then connect the sound bar to the TV. Turn off ARC and Bravia Sync/CEC. Get a good universal remote. You and your wife will thank me.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.