HWF450 having odd issues - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-03-2014, 09:31 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
HWF450 having odd issues

Here's my simple setup: Samsung HDTV, Tivo Series 3 HD and a Samsung BR player. I also have a Rocketfish HDMI switch.

I have the Tivo and BR going into the switch. The HDMI cable goes from there to the HWF450 sound bar and then the TV. With the HDMI audio setup, the Tivo remote controls the volume via AnyNet. Should be straightforward.

Here's what's driving me INSANE. EVERY time I turn the bar and TV on, the bar automatically switches from HDMI to "D. In." I have to change the source back to HDMI. It only does this once when everything is on, but it shouldn't happen at all. Mind you, there is no digital input connected.

Second, since the Rocketfish appears to go to sleep when everything is off, if the BR player was the last thing used, the TV will switch ITS source from HDMI in to analog and we get static screen when everything is powered up. Have to change the TV source now back to HDMI.

I'm wondering if it's best that I ditch the HDMI switch altogether and use the two HDMI ports (there may be more) on the TV. But I'm afraid of losing volume control with the Tivo like I did originally.

It seems simple, but it's just driving me crazy. And it is worse with family members (old and young) who aren't nearly as technical as I am. What is the right setup here??? I'm bouncing around with 4 remotes when I should only need 2 (sound bar control and Tivo).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-12-2014, 09:21 AM

Liked: 10
Im not sure I really understand the totality of your issue, but since the soundbar defaults to Din at startup, why not provide that signal via optical from the back of the TV? The volume control on the soundbar will still be controlled by HDMI with Anynet turned on.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-21-2014, 02:05 PM - Thread Starter

Liked: 0
Why? Because my Tivo remote will not control the volume if I use the Digital audio. It turns out, this is a bug in the sound bar, as I've found many other people having the same issue. Can't understand why Samsung hasn't issued a firmware fix for this yet.

This and my Samsung BR player are really testing my patience with Samsung products. The TV itself is great, but the other stuff is borderline garbage. I have to constantly unplug the BR player and plug it back in to get it to respond. Also happening with this setup is that if the BR player turns itself off/goes to sleep, it automatically triggers the TV to change the input source from HDMI to regular TV (i.e. channel 3). The level of confusion with this setup is driving everyone nuts. What I think I have to do is eliminate the Rocketfish HDMI box, as I'm wondering if that's contributing to the problem.

Regardless, something needs to change.

EDIT: And to be clear, the bar doesn't default to D. In when I turn it on. It does it roughly 15 seconds *after* it's turned on. So if I have it on HDMI, turn it off and turn on the next day, it starts as HDMI. But then it automatically jumps back to D. In.

Last edited by Devrock; 07-22-2014 at 06:20 AM.
Reply Soundbars
Gear in this thread - HWF450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page