Transition from analog to digital - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old 07-04-2014, 05:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Transition from analog to digital

Took my Phillips 2123 soundbar back and exchanged it for Radio Shacks Auvio Soundbox which so far I like very much. I have it connected to my new Samsung Blu-ray player with a digital coax cable and HDMI from the player to my TV...ok?

I have Appleseed X111 which I am going to use for testing that has Dolby TrueHD 5.1 and Dolby TrueHD 2.0 and since the soundbox is 2 channel I'm wondering which Dolby to choose and would there be a difference. The player is set to PCM and won't give any sound if I use bitstream which is stated in the manual.

I was watching the Matrix last night and noticed half way through as I was looking at the settings that I had a choice of Dolby 5.1 or Dolby TrueHD and I switched to TrueHD and noticed it seemed to punch the sound up a bit which I like a lot. The player also has a setting for stereo or surround and is set to stereo right now but will change it to surround and see what that does too...hopefully another added boost to Dolby TrueHD.

Anyway maybe someone can tell me about the correct setting between Dolby 5.1 and 2.0 for a 2 channel soundbar. Any other comments are welcome too. Thanks!

William
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page