Paradigm soundscape - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 6 Old 07-09-2014, 08:47 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Paradigm soundscape

Hey guys, I just received my paradigm soundscape 5.1 soundbar. When I turn it on it makes a static noise that increases in volume until it makes a very sharp pop. Is this normal? The pop is pretty loud. After that it appears to work okay but seems kind of quiet. It's hard to hear people talking even with the volume at around 50 units.

I really hope I didn't just buy a 1500$ paperweight...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 07-10-2014, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I've noticed the 50-60 or even 70 volume setting required for hearing dolby and especially dolby 5.1 movies but wasn't bothered by it since going through my TV speaker the volume was often close to 100 and still wasn't clear. When I watch an older title without surround processing the volume is often much louder and I'm fine with volume set at 30-40. I have mine hooked up through my Oppo bluray player since my TV won't output 5.1 sound from optical. I've also connected my CD player through the analog output and background level music listening is fine at 30-35. I'm really very pleased with the sound and clarity of the Paradigm Soundscape and I've never noticed an increasing static and pop at startup, only a five second or so delay as the display starts up. Possibly the optical cable or grounding issue. I hope it works out for you.
post #3 of 6 Old 07-11-2014, 05:36 PM - Thread Starter

I didn't even consider that the TV may not be able to put out 5.1.. I'll have to look into that. I've already talked to the retailer and they had me RMA. I agree, it sounded like a ground issue. Other than that I really like it.
post #4 of 6 Old 07-12-2014, 11:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 90
Quote:
Originally Posted by tetrafluoroethane View Post
I didn't even consider that the TV may not be able to put out 5.1.. I'll have to look into that. I've already talked to the retailer and they had me RMA. I agree, it sounded like a ground issue. Other than that I really like it.
Many current HDTVs don't output 5.1. What kind if set (and model) do you have?

Other than that, are your cables fairly new, and are (were) your connections solid?
post #5 of 6 Old 07-13-2014, 08:35 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
Many current HDTVs don't output 5.1. What kind if set (and model) do you have?

Other than that, are your cables fairly new, and are (were) your connections solid?
I have a Samsung un46eh5300. Nothing special. The connections seemed fine and I was using the optical cable that came with the soundbar. Actually it's me first time using optical so it surprised me how easy it was
post #6 of 6 Old 09-10-2014, 07:20 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I have the same setup. It does not make any static or popping noises but it does have to run the volume up to 30 before you get anything out for sound
Reply Soundbars
Gear in this thread - un46eh5300. by PriceGrabber.com