Sound bar less than 34 inches wide with subwoofer? - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 2 Old 07-14-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Sound bar less than 34 inches wide with subwoofer?

Any recommendations for a sound bar less than 34 inches wide with subwoofer? Need it to fit into a TV cabinet and will go below a Vizio 40" TV I am planning to buy. I see Vizio has a 29" but it is just a 2.0 and if I am going to bother doing a soundbar at all I might as well get a wireless sub I think. Otherwise not sure how much better it will be than the TV speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 Old 07-17-2014, 07:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I guess nobody has an opinion

I've seen a few refurbs around that are Vizios or cheaper Sonys but I can't even tell if the subwoofers are powered. Do some of the cheaper ones come with subwoofers that just use power from the soundbar rather than plugging into the wall? Or no power at all just speaker wire equivalent?

One cheap one had 15 watts or something small - I was worried that is hardly better than what the TV provides. I could also do a couple bookshelf speakers lying on their sides I guess but I am really trying to keep this simple and avoid having a separate AV receiver that my wife and little kids need to keep turning on and off just to get sound.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page