Help with Energy Power Bar One - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Help with Energy Power Bar One

To the AVS experts, I'd like your advice. I have an Energy Power Bar One connected to to a Samsung UN55ES7150 through an optical cable.

When I use Samsung's Smart Hub feature and use the NetFlix app to watch movies, I don't get any sound; however, I get sound using the Crackle app. Outside of using Smart Hub, I get sound just fine when I'm watching TV with my AT&T Uverse cable box, which is connected to the TV using HDMI.

I chatted with a Samsung support rep, but they ultimately were not able to help me. They recommended I request an in-home service for someone to diagnose the problem, which they think is related to Anynet+.

I thought I'd ask the forums to see if there were any suggestions on how I should proceed. As much as possible, I'd rather not pay the exorbitant in-home service charge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supertek75 View Post
When I use Samsung's Smart Hub feature and use the NetFlix app to watch movies, I don't get any sound; however, I get sound using the Crackle app. Outside of using Smart Hub, I get sound just fine when I'm watching TV with my AT&T Uverse cable box, which is connected to the TV using HDMI.
Hi Supertek, possible NetFlix is sending Dolby Digital Plus audio and the soundbar can't decode. Try either setting the NetFlix audio as Stereo or setting the TV audio output as PCM.
post #3 of 3 Old 07-17-2014, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Hi Supertek, possible NetFlix is sending Dolby Digital Plus audio and the soundbar can't decode. Try either setting the NetFlix audio as Stereo or setting the TV audio output as PCM.
Hi JChin, thanks for the suggestion. I didn't see any options to set the Netflix audio output to Stereo. Also, I checked the TV's audio output and it was already set to PCM. Any other suggestions?

Update: Just tried to see if I could find any other settings that I may have missed while I had Netflix running. To my surprise, I suddenly started getting sound through the sound bar. Checked the Amazon Instant Video app and got sound on that as well. Perhaps the ghost in the machine decided to leave?

Last edited by Supertek75; 07-18-2014 at 12:56 AM.
Reply Soundbars
Gear in this thread

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page