Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 3 Old 07-20-2014, 01:19 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
ysp 4300 in open plan living room

Hello AVS

I am looking at a second hand ysp 4300 however after doing some reading it seems that the ysp really need an enclosed room or three walls to sound effective. I unfortunately have an open plan living are going into a kitchen, imagine and L shaped room with a long back wall. Is there much point at looking at these units for open plan areas or will still get great sound stage just not the surround effects?

Thanks Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 Old 07-21-2014, 10:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 80
If you look at how these work, you really should have four walls. Some owners have had some success with rooms that have at least four partial walls.

But if you are lacking even two solid side wall areas, I don't see how you will achieve even the minimum reflectivity that is at the heart of how sound is produced with these soundbars.
post #3 of 3 Old 08-01-2014, 11:20 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by taichi4 View Post
If you look at how these work, you really should have four walls. Some owners have had some success with rooms that have at least four partial walls.

But if you are lacking even two solid side wall areas, I don't see how you will achieve even the minimum reflectivity that is at the heart of how sound is produced with these soundbars.
Can you put a Yamaha YSP 4300 behind a acoustically transparent projector screen?
Reply Soundbars

User Tag List