Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Samsung Soundbar HW-H450 BT - Sound Share vs HDMI vs Optical

Hi fellows,

I would like to know something before returning my soundbar to the seller:

Wich is best between a Samsung LED 40H7000 and a Samsung Soundbar HW-H450:
  • Optical - For this type of connection the F350 was enough for me, still have and return my H450...
  • HDMI - Afraid of loosing the sound control + power on/off that connect share has with bluetooth
  • Bluetooth - Connect Share - Seamless mode, very practical - doubt if it has quality??

Basically if they sell the functionality it should be with quality... but not a single soul in samsung knew to give me a straight answer...
I want to use the Smart Remote and sometimes the Soundbar remote for fine tuning... and that's it... they sell that idea, but is there the quality?

Thanks
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 Old 08-01-2014, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsPT View Post
Hi fellows,

I would like to know something before returning my soundbar to the seller:

Wich is best between a Samsung LED 40H7000 and a Samsung Soundbar HW-H450:
  • Optical - For this type of connection the F350 was enough for me, still have and return my H450...
  • HDMI - Afraid of loosing the sound control + power on/off that connect share has with bluetooth
  • Bluetooth - Connect Share - Seamless mode, very practical - doubt if it has quality??

Basically if they sell the functionality it should be with quality... but not a single soul in samsung knew to give me a straight answer...
I want to use the Smart Remote and sometimes the Soundbar remote for fine tuning... and that's it... they sell that idea, but is there the quality?

Thanks
Cheers
I don't have that model, but I have the E450 and the F550. I have both plugged in with optical and it sounds fine. I tried with an HDMI cable and I didn't hear a difference.
post #3 of 6 Old 08-01-2014, 01:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Using HDMI passthrough as long as CEC control is still on, on the TV you will still be able to use a single remote as long as you are hooked up via the ARC HDMI output of the TV. Honestly though it isn't going to make nearly any difference on your $200 soundbar, might as well just use the soundshare and be happy
post #4 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 08:11 AM - Thread Starter

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaves View Post
Using HDMI passthrough as long as CEC control is still on, on the TV you will still be able to use a single remote as long as you are hooked up via the ARC HDMI output of the TV. Honestly though it isn't going to make nearly any difference on your $200 soundbar, might as well just use the soundshare and be happy
Hi, I'm using HDMI right now, sounds good and very similar with soundshare (probably just a delay sending the initial sign with ARC).

I use several Bluetooth devices in the room so probably this will be the best option.

Regarding the previous answer, for optical I would still use the "old" F350 soundbar... So yes I tried a mixed combination to figure out how to connect them together..

It's a pity that the support also points do Optical if there are two better and more practical solutions.

Thank you guys
Decided to keep the new one with HDMI or Soundshare, meaning, and not thanks to Samsung, that I will keep it and sell the F350.

Regards

PS:bluewaves: you meant that the sound bar is low quality or something like that?
post #5 of 6 Old 08-02-2014, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by NutsPT View Post
Hi, I'm using HDMI right now, sounds good and very similar with soundshare (probably just a delay sending the initial sign with ARC).

I use several Bluetooth devices in the room so probably this will be the best option.

Regarding the previous answer, for optical I would still use the "old" F350 soundbar... So yes I tried a mixed combination to figure out how to connect them together..

It's a pity that the support also points do Optical if there are two better and more practical solutions.

Thank you guys
Decided to keep the new one with HDMI or Soundshare, meaning, and not thanks to Samsung, that I will keep it and sell the F350.

Regards

PS:bluewaves: you meant that the sound bar is low quality or something like that?

Not necessarily low quality, just not high enough quality to make any difference
post #6 of 6 Old 08-03-2014, 04:33 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewaves View Post
Not necessarily low quality, just not high enough quality to make any difference
Ok ok, but anyhow the HDMI is the best option.. right?

Thx
Reply Soundbars
Gear in this thread - HW-H450 by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page