Music from shows overwhelm dialogue volume - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-07-2014, 12:02 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Unhappy Music from shows overwhelm dialogue volume

I'm not sure if this should be asked here or in the receiver section so I just picked this one. I have a Denon AVR-E300 and a Polk Surroundbar 50. I'm not exactly a newbie, but I will admit that I have not kept up with the technology. With that said I'm having issues with the background music overwhelming the dialogue. I have to turn up the volume to hear what is being said, only to be blasted by the music.

I understand that I have to manually set the speaker configuration. All speakers are set as "small". The only other adjustment I can make (from what I can tell) is the speaker distance. My couch is roughly 10-11 ft from the soundbar. The only thing I could think of was to put the center channel at 16" while having the LF, RF, RL, and RR at 7", which I would think that the center channel volume would be increased. That helps a bit but I still have issues hearing dialogue over the music at times.

Are there better setting recommendations someone could suggest? It would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-07-2014, 12:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Try setting the speaker distances all the same and adjusting the speaker LEVEL so that the Center channel is higher (as needed).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement