B&W Panorama 2 won't power on! - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

Old 08-26-2014, 02:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
B&W Panorama 2 won't power on!

Has anyone had a problem where a Panorama 2 will not power on? Neither the B&W remote nor universal remove will power it on, nor will the power button on the front of the device. My wife says she turned power off briefly (using switch on power bar), and that did not help either.

Any suggestions other than returning to the store for repair, which is a major inconvenience and leaves us without much TV for a while?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-27-2014, 06:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by ekimgnuj View Post
Has anyone had a problem where a Panorama 2 will not power on? Neither the B&W remote nor universal remove will power it on, nor will the power button on the front of the device. My wife says she turned power off briefly (using switch on power bar), and that did not help either.

Any suggestions other than returning to the store for repair, which is a major inconvenience and leaves us without much TV for a while?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Try leaving it unplugged for at least 5 minutes. Probably will not work but worth a try. Check the owner's manual to see if it has a circuit breaker, fuse, or reset button.
Old 08-27-2014, 08:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDMI Guy View Post
Try leaving it unplugged for at least 5 minutes. Probably will not work but worth a try. Check the owner's manual to see if it has a circuit breaker, fuse, or reset button.
HDMI Guy: Thanks for the response, I had actually already figured it out and your solution had worked. My wife briefly powered down the system, but when I got home I unplugged the Panorama and realized the red power light was on. Odd. It stayed on for about a full minute, which leads me to believe there is a capacitor or battery involved. So I kept it unplugged until the red power light went off, and then after plugging in it powered up.

No clue what could cause that, and B&W support was utterly useless - as is the manual, unfortunately. So, anyone looking for a sound bar with awesome, amazing sound and who doesn't care about quirks (unexplained power problems, and of course the fact that the HDMI inputs can be selected only be toggling or scrolling, which means NO UNIVERSAL REMOTES will control it properly), by all means I suggest this one. If I knew now what I did then, I would have tried to find something more user friendly!
Old 09-17-2014, 08:52 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Did you find out any more about this? I have the same unit and when I use a universal remote, it seems like it 'jams' the IR circuitry such that I need to do the power off cycle as mentioned above. This is a very repeatable problem. I hesitate to bring it it as I'm sure I'll get the "well, it doesn't happen with the remote that came with it now does it" talk.

Thoughs?