Samsung 7150 and Samsung H450 connection - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 1 Old Yesterday, 02:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Samsung 7150 and Samsung H450 connection

I have a Samsung H450 sound bar and a 65" Samsung 7150 TV. I am trying to accomplish the following:

1. Have the sound bar turn on when the TV turns on
2. Have the sound bar turn off when the TV turns off
3. Control the volume on the sound bar with the TV remote.

Essentially, I want to get rid of the sound bar remote unless I am changing settings.

I spent all day yesterday with Samsung tech support yesterday which was useless, they gave me conflicting information about whether this was possible, and how to do it.

I started with an optical cable, tried having anynet off and on. Could get some of the 3 things above to occur, but not all 3. Then tech support said optical cable wouldn't work, I needed to replace it with an HDMI in the ARC/HDMI 2 port. So I unfished the optical cable (the TV is wall mounted with cables in the wall) and fished through an HDMI. The sound bar turns off when the TV turns off, and I can control the volume with the TV remote, but it doesn't turn on when the TV turns on.

I called tech support two more times. One time they told me what I wanted was impossible, one time they told me I needed an HDMI AND an optical. But the techy guy at HH Gregg told me he has the same setup at home with just HDMI and it works, so I'm guessing its possible, but he left for a weeks vacation shortly after he told me that.

PLEASE HELP!! I am pulling out my hair. I just wanted this to be easy.
Reply Soundbars

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page