AVS Forum banner

Bringing soundbar abroad (voltage transformer help)

312 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Tom Laux 
#1 ·
Hello everyone,

I moved to Jordan a few months ago and quickly realized the importance of voltage transformers (fried my American Xbox 360 power supply on day 1). I'm returning stateside for the holidays and want to bring more working electronics back with me to Jordan in January so I can make my house more of a home. I recently bought a VIZIO S4251w-B4 on a good deal and am hoping to fly back with it. I'm having trouble trying to figure out how large (and bulky and expensive) of a voltage converter I need to buy to accommodate the new sound system (and especially the subwoofer). I know the Xbox lists at 203W so I'm accounting at least 300W for that, but I have no clue how much wattage I need to account for to get the soundbar and corresponding sub working successfully. Any ideas? I'm a first-time expat who is really missing nice sound/gaming and am really hoping I don't fry any more nice electronics. Any and all help is extremely appreciated.

Thank you!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.