AVS Forum banner

Pioneer SB-03 Vs. Zvox 570 Or 580?

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  AuralSex 
#1 ·
The reviews that I've read seem to point toward the Pioneer. I have a Zvox (the 555 I believe) at home now and I find it quite good but this will be in a different location and I can now see that the Zvox has some serious competition.

Any advice or insight into this decision?

#3 ·
I have heard some Zvox speakers in the past. Never impressed.

I have the original Andrew Jones Pioneer Soundbar in my office and the sound is really quite accurate and entertaining. This is used primarily for music which is much more difficult than anything you would throw at it from the video world.

My recommendation, without having heard the Zvox devices you mention would be towards the Pioneer.

Of course being an OLD dyed in the wool audiophile, the only way I could truly make a recommendation would be to make an in house comparison with known audio material. However, knowing who designed each of the products you mentioned plus the materials built into each, my recommendation would still lean towards the Pioneer without ever having heard either.

#4 ·
Thanks. After a great deal of review reading and spec comparisons I think I'm going with the Pioneer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.