AVS Forum banner

Samsung TV Anynet+ with Vizio soundbar

11K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Ellebob 
#1 ·
Quick question. I dont have model numbers in front of me...if you need them Ill post them.

65 inch Samsung LED (costco)
Vizio SB4051-c0 soundbar
dish network receiver and remote

Hooked up per instructions (ARC HDMI from TV to HDMI out soundbar with soundbar delivered HDMI cable). all sound works great. However, when I use either TV or Dish remote for sound Im having 2 issues

1) Competing Volume menu on the tv - Looks like Im getting an Anynet+ volume graphic and the soundbars graphic. the anynet+ graphic has volume number, sound bar has dots (....). Not a huge deal, just ugly

2) The bigger issue, if I hold the volume up or down button (as opposed to single clicks), I get an "Anynet+ device has disconnected" message. Sound still comes out of the sound bar, but each time I have to switch the remote to TV and to select "OK" to loose the message. HELP!!!

#2 ·
Did you turn off the TV speakers in Samsung's Menu? It sounds like you had the sound bar learn the TVs volume buttons but didn't turn off the TV speakers. If your system is only those three devices than you might have luck with ARC and CEC (anynet).

On a side note. As an installer we always turn off Anynet or any of the various names of CEC, This turns off ARC as well so we just use an optical cable from the TV to the sound bar. Then program an inexpensive universal remote to control it all. It is much more reliable. CEC is a crapshoot to see if the devices play nice together. Unfortunately when you turn off CEC, ARC gets turned off as well. You can't have ARC without CEC. CEC is nice in theory but take it from someone that uses this stuff all the time, turn it off and use a good universal remote. Your life will be easier.

I wrote this for everybody and not just you in particular. Again, if you only have the three devices you might get lucky with CEC and ARC.

#4 ·
so just turn off arc/cec and connect using optical cable. Will the disable the auto off feature as well? how is the quality between HDMI and arc. also, I bought a 5.1 surround system...so its a bar with sub and 2 rear. will optical allow 5.1 surround?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.